Chapter 30: Carl?

((Carl POV))

I wake up with a pounding in my head, I flicker my eyes open and I feel like hell. I slowly get up and fall once again.

"Dammit!" I curse in pain.

I get up and shift all my weight to my left leg I believe my right is broken. I look around and see I'm at the back of the prison, the part that caught on fire luckily there's no walkers around.

I start wobbling to somewhere just to get inside the prison just as I turn the corner, I feel a pain in my left arm. I scream out in pain and black out once again.

((Amaya's POV))

"Where's Carl?!" I yell.

Everyone looks around as I start to panic.

"Carl?!" I call out looking around,

I run around the main entrance.

"How could I be so stupid?!" I ask myself as I continue to run.

"Last time I saw him was this mornin' hope he is okay..." Maggie said.

"He was the first person I told about this! He went to go look and never came back. I'm so fuckin' stupid! The governor probably took him as hostage!" I feel myself get mad, I tighten my fist and lean against the prison wall.

I hear people saying nice things like 'he'll be okay.' And stuff like 'don't blame yourself.

HOW COULD I NOT BLAME MYSELF?!

"You guys not changing the subject... But, what we do about Rick and the others?" Glenn said pointing outside of the fence.

We made the plan.

Me, Glenn, Lani, Maggie, and some person named Michonne will go kill the walkers that get in our way, reach the fence, open it for Rick and make our way back leaving Michonne behind so she can help them reach the fence.

We open the fence slowly and make our way through the yard I see a walker coming close and I stab it in the forehead and move on.

I killed about 2 more, easy. Then Glenn pulled the rope and we were officially outside the prison I was amazed by the flowers and everything I almost forgot what was going on. I picked a Cherokee rose and put it in my pocket carefully. I turn around and am face to face with a walker, I stab it quickly and look around and everyone had vanished.

I'm scared and confused as 3 more come from nowhere surrounding me. I stab one but my knife is stuck. The 2 come close and I thought this was really it for me.

"Help!!" I cried out.

Still trying to get my knife unstuck, I barely felt a breath on my shoulder when an arrow went through it's head and the other one too.

"Didn't think I'd leave ya' behind did ya?"