Chap 26: Reunited

"What?!" I say,

"He's in his cell, we rescued him yesterday but he's depressed again and crazy he's locked in though." Carol said,

"But I-"

"Go." She pointed at the door.

I run out the room and leave I've kinda forgot this place and didn't know where to go.

I honestly felt I was dreaming, I make my way up the stairs and turn and see the sign 'Cell Block C'

I head to me and Carl's old cell to see nothing touched, just the way I left it.

I head to a couple more to hear whimpering and crying.

I go to the cell seeing a familiar face that I've been wanting to see forever. The person I went searching for almost getting killed by walkers, almost getting raped by a friend, and mentally + physically abused by the governor and my uncle.

There he is.

Carl was curled up in a corner with his back to me. I feel a tear of happiness and wipe it off, I then remembered where we left off, he is still probably mad at what I did.

"C-Carl...?" I whisper loud enough for him to hear.

He turns around slowly and starts crying even harder.

"Get the hell away! I'm crazy! I'm seeing you again! This is just a dream! You're dead!" He said like he was crazy.

"C-Carl... It's me really, it's Amaya come here." I begged him, it made me sad seeing him like this.

"No! You are just going to disappear! You said that last time!" He cried.

He started to calm down a bit only a couple tears fell.

"Please Carl I promise.." I plead.

He slowly got up with a serious face, I opened his cell door slowly and carefully. He had an evil look on his face next thing I knew I was on the ground with my nose bleeding.

"Fuck!" I yelled in pain.

"It's me car! Remember! I'm the real Amaya! I'm back! Please don't-" I said holding my nose

"Mayo? I'm sorry, I- is it you?" He said puzzled,

I grabbed both of his hands so I was in front of him.

"It's me."

He blinked a couple times processing what I just said.

"How..? How- how can I know?" He tried pulling away from my grip.

"Because I'm telling you and if you know me, you'll believe me." I say looking into his eyes, searching for anything.

He slowly but a hand on my cheek brushing it and lightly pecked me on my lips. I felt butterflies in my stomach as he said.

"It's you..."

He stared at me and I stared at him.

At the both time we said.

"I'm so sorry" We smiled.

I took his hand while we went downstairs,

We were playing cards when he frowned at me.

"What..?!" I asked laughing

"It's... Ah nothing.." He laughed to himself

"Carl..." I said pouting,

He sighed.

"You're just... Too perfect for me, I really just want to kiss you all the time and I- I can't have you. I'm afraid I'll hurt you again, I don't know what's wrong with me." He admitted looking down.

I laughed a little and said.

"I think you're too perfect for me. I trust you, I'm not scared of you. Just give things time, I want to kiss you all the time too but... We're not really uhh dating."

His eyes widened as if he realized something and he got up scribbled something on a note and left. I picked up the note and started reading it.

'Meet me in the prison yard at 9 pm see u there!'
~Carl ;)