Chapter 32: Daryl

(Amaya's POV)

The words kept replaying in my mind.

'Didn't think I'd leave ya' behind did ya?'

I stared up at him blankly, trying to figure out if this was real. He was carrying me and dodging walkers. I tried moving, but I couldn't. I was in utter shock. We finally got somewhere safe and he sat me down.

"Squirt- l-listen I-I can't carry ya a-any longer I'm weak." Daryl said out of breath.

I just nodded and got up.

He ran to the prison where everyone greeted us.

The last person was Maggie she put her hand up to her mouth whimpering.

"Ohh! Maya! I-I thought I told you to be safe!" She cried.

"I am now..." I said and hugged her.

"Thank you Daryl.... For everything I'm so glad you both are okay..." She smiled at him.

He gushed over what she said,

"Uhh.... I- I... It was nothing she's my lil squirt after all..." He patted my head and started talking to Maggie.

Note to self, make sure I spent more time with him.

I smiled at my thought and went to Daryl.

"Uhh... I've been wanting to talk to you." I said unsurely.

He nodded and I continued.

"Excuse my language but.... Where the hell have you been?!" I whispered yelled.

"Nobody told ya?" His eyebrows came together and made a confused look,

I shook my head no.

"I stayed at Woodbury looking for your uncle; Merle, and we got in a huge argument... So I convinced him to go and leave so i went with him... We came back to Woodbury to kill the governor and... And... "He couldn't finish.

"He k-killed him..." He finished. I saw a tear slip from his eye but he wiped it away quickly.

"B-but why..? Why, did you leave me?! All this time.. I-I thought you were dead, leaving me on my own... Just like you did last time." I said, with my voice cracking.

"Amaya I'm sor-" he said.

"YOU LEFT ME AGAIN!" I yelled as loud as I could. Everyone was staring at the loud commotion and whispering, I felt uncomfortable.

I quickly left the prison yard from embarrassment and people talking.

I stayed in my cell the rest of that night until, a unexpected visitor arrived.

"Hey sweetie cheeks." Carol said.

"Carol? What are you doing here? I thought Rick-"

She grunted and sighed,

" Let's talk about that later? I wanted to come in, and talk about something else." She asked.

I nodded as she came in as sat at me.

"Look I know what it's like to not have someone there for you. My dad was never around and despised me, I was always weak as a child, my dad died when I was your age and my mom went in deep depression... So honey I had no one." She said sadly,

I truly felt sorry but I was wondering about what she did before all of this.

"You didn't have a husband..?" I asked.

"Yes....He was the father of my daughter, Sophia. But, he was an awful man, so awful. He was a drunk and would hit me, but I never let him touch Sophia. Ever." She sighed,