Chap 11: I'm not ready

"I choose you." I say.

I mash my lips to his and he kisses hard. I feel him smile in this kiss and I smile back. He just gets everything he wants doesn't he?

I pull back and smile he frowns and says

"What?" He says asking why I stopped.

"Look Carl I really like you I do. It's just that..." I say I scratch the back of my neck, I'm such an idiot.

"Y-you like s-someone else?!" He questions.

"Carl no, you don't understand!" I plead.

"Oh! I understand that kiss meant nothing to you! I've been waiting so long for that 3 months to be exact!" Carl screams.

"Carl, wait!" I say

He gives me a death glare and walks out the room clenching his fist.

I sigh,

Boys can be so dramatic at times.

I shrug and decide I'll talk to him later and believe me, I've been waiting for that kiss for awhile too!

I walk outside and do my daily job of killing the walkers at the fence with Rick and Glenn.

"So how you and Carl doin?" Rick asks

I shrug and murmur.

"What's been bothering you?" He asks

"Yea something is, I can tell." Glenn adds.

"I-It, it's nothing." I stutter.

They raise their eyebrows and I huff. People need to mind their own business. Then I hear a scream.

"Help...! Please someone!" I ran to the gate and look out.

I see a tall, pale, skinny girl with long black dirty hair with a guy with short dark brown hair almost a light black.

"Please we're beggin you, there's infected everywhere!" He screams.

I ignore Rick and Glenn's comments and open the gates bringing the two people out from the cruel world. I widen my eyes to see what I've done I've let 5 monsters inside.

"Watch out walkers!" Rick calls out to us.

I grab my stick I use to kill walkers at the fence and kill each and everyone of them out of breath.

I look up at the people closer and I realize it's Lani!

My father told me to never talk to anyone at school but I talked to her once and awhile so she was sorta my friend.

"Lani?" I ask.

She widens her eyes and realizing that it's me.

"Oh Amaya I thought I'd never find someone I'd knew ever again!" She says I hug her and smile. Finally someone I really know!