Chap 13: Dad!

"Hey uncle Daryl!" I smiled I haven't seen him in a couple days.

"Hey there squirt aren't cha suppose to be resting?" He asks concerned

"I'm a Dixon! I don't need rest!" I rolled my eyes.

"Of course you are! That reminds me... We need to talk alone..." He said eyeballing Beth.

She put her hands up in defense and left the cafeteria table taking her tray with her.

"Look Amaya, I've been thinking... This is a apocalypse and I'm your uncle. I'm really all you got left and your all I got left and I never wanna lose ya... So while were alive I wanna make it our best." He said tearing up a little.

"And... I know there's more!" I said nudging him a little

"I was wondering if I can be more than your Uncle. I really care about ya and your dad was an asshole to ya. I-I love ya you know..." He said scratching the back of his neck.

Daryl is a badass but he has a soft spot you just gotta be the right person to get to it.

"Of course! This is the best day ever I've always thought of you as that! I'm so happy and I care about you too! I love you...! Dad!" I said fast, when I'm excited I talk fast.

I gave him a big hug and kissed him on the cheek and dumped my tray I couldn't wait to tell Carl, Maggie, Glenn, Rick, Michonne everyone!

I zoomed off to tell the first person I saw which was Hershel! I was so happy to see the one legged Santa alive!

"Hershel, Hershel!!!" I screamed in excitement.

"What? What! Are you hurt Carl, Rick, Maggie, B-" I cut him off.

"No I've got exciting news, Daryl's my dad!"

"Oh that's wonderful! Sweetpea!" He ruffled my hair and I zoomed off again.

I ran into Michonne told her which she smiled and said 'congrats' and told Maggie which jumped with joy, I told Beth and she was happy that I had a nice strong father and said god bless both of you.

I went to go find Rick and Carl when I saw something I never wanted to see that ruined my excitement on the spot. I'll never forget this day excitement, anger, and most of all sadness.