Chap 10: More than friends?

I wake up from a deep slumber with Carl at my side. I smile and get up, change into a purple short sleeve shirt with some of Carl's sweat pants.

They are really big on me so I tie them really tight at the drawstring and put on my converse.

I yawn and look back at Carl, I question if I should wake him.

"Hey... Carl?" I say whispering moving his hair out of his face.

He's so good looking. I think I like him. The boy who called me a dumb ass the first time we meant. I smiled and got a feather from a pillow and started to tickle his nose.

Carl's POV

I wake up with a tickling on my nose. I ignore it and feel my hand there's cream in it.

I know what's going on. I smile a little as the tickling continues. Instead of putting it in my face,

I put it in Amaya's.

I laugh and point at her, she gives me a death stare and laughed too. I put my finger on her cheek and then in my mouth.

She gives me a funny look and laughs uncontrollably.

"What?!" I say blushing.

"T-that's not w-whip cr-eam!" She barely manages to get out without laughing.

I quickly run to a bottle of water and spit it out.

Gross, I'm really stupid sometimes. How would their be whip cream in the apocalypse? Duh.

I get a little rag from my dresser and clean off Amaya's face slowly while studying it. Her long light brown shiny hair, her matching eyebrows, her little button nose, and most of all her perfect green eyes.

Her green eyes scan the whole room doing whatever they can to avoid mine.

She's so beautiful and she doesn't even know I liked her from the beginning.

Amaya's POV

I study his face as he slowly cleans it studying mine. I'm really ugly and insecure so I try to avoid eye contact.

I look at his perfect brown hair stopping right at his eyebrows, his long thin nose, his pink shiny lips and his beautiful icy blue eyes.

He licks his bottom lip and puts away his rag while still looking at my eyes. I bit my bottom lip and look around the room, still unsure of what to do.

"You're so pretty.. you know that right?" He whispers so low I can nearly hear him.

My cheeks turn bright red.

Why does everyone think I'm pretty! He's making this real hard to not like him I don't know if I could deal with another Cayden. Yet it's been about two months since that happened.

"Why does everyone think I'm pretty?" I say looking down at my hands.

He lowers his head so he's at the same eye level as me and looks in my eyes concerned.

"Cause you are. Not only that. You're kind, funny, brave, strong and tons of other things,"

I don't respond for a second and he continues,

"People say that... because it's the truth. I look at you everyday and wonder why is a girl like you in an apocalypse? Because she is everything to make it through one. I don't know half of your story not one bit but I do know you are ready enough to beat this world and out of all the people who don't believe you I will be the one who will Amaya." He said seriously.

I felt my eyes water, but remain serious.

"I feel the same Carl it's just that I couldn't deal with losing you. There's no point we're all going to die soon anyways." I said looking down.

"Well, we can make a point in this stupid ass world. We can love each other in a world of hate. If we do die we die together and live while we can." He says seriously.

"B-but I." I say my eyes tearing.

"There's no time for but's in this world." He says getting up ready to leave out the door.

"Wait Carl I-" I say almost crying.

"What?! Make up your mind already! Do you choose me or are still grieving over deaths and Cayden cause I'm over them for you! I-" he said screaming at me. I knew exactly what to do next.

"I choose you." I say and mash my lips against him. I've ALWAYS choose him.

Hey what did u guys think will Amaya give in? Will Carl use her? Is Carl serious about loving her? And most of all... Will there love last?! Find out, in the next chapter of love, in a world of hate!

Sweet dreams walkers!!!

~Walker Lady