Chap 7: Everythings Perfect.

~One Week Later~

It's been really awesome lately! I'm dating Cayden, me and carl are in a 'we are cool zone',

Me, Jess, and beth are like three peas in a pot and I'm cool with everyone at the prison but I've heard that the people on the run still never came back so they are having search parties and shit so ya. I was thinking what life would be like without the apocalypse when Cayden came in.

"Hey babe!" He said as he pecked me on the lips

"Hi sweet cheeks." I said smiling.

"Hey um I'm going on a run if you're looking for me. Ricks got me filled up with jobs so later!" He smiled and started to get up.

"Stay safe!" I said yelling

"Ok, love ya." He winked.

Then he left I didn't to say love you too oh well I thought just then Carl came in.

"Hey mayo." Carl said as he sat down next to me. Yep, that's his nickname for me.

After the party he came and apologized to me saying he was in a rush and after all that we said we're cool.

"Hey car." I said smirking.

"So I heard your dating Cayden..." He said.

"And you care because??" I said waiting for an answer

"I-I was just w-wondering." He said stuttering. Did he like me? Why'd he stutter like that? Nah just messing with my mind.

"Ok tough nut don't be so hard on yourself so what's up?" I said knowing what Carl would say next.

"The sky. And just wanted to hang out." He said looking at my comic books.

I analyzed his eyes looking for answers.

"What?! I just wanted to hang out I'm bored!" He said shrugging.

We did everything killed walkers together, ate lunch and dinner together, played with Judith, hung out with Jess, Tyler, Jimmy, and Beth, and just are daily chores together.

Once you get to know the kid he ain't half bad actually he was perfect, funny, nice, hot. Wait?!

What am I saying I love Cayden not Carl! Plus just the other day he called you a stupid ass! What are you thinking Amaya?! I shook my head which caught Carl's attention.

"What's the matter?" He asked concerned.

"Nothing just thinking about.... Stuff." I said reading again.

"Oh.. I do that all the time.." Carl said mimicking my action.

"Of course you do Carl!" I said laughing.

"Hey not like that you sicko!" He laughed too and punched me.

I punched him back, he began tickling me and pinned me down.

"P-Please s-stop n-n-nooo!" I said while laughing he laughed.

I lifted my arm from his grip and tickled his arm he laughed and let go.

Suddenly, we were centimeters apart. I felt his breath on my face and he was just staring at me.

I broke the silence and cleared my throat.

"Umm.. W-well I should....I-I should probably go find Cayden or something bye." I said getting off the bed heading towards the door.

"Uhh.. Ya um.. Bye." He said scratching the back of his neck.

Awkward much? I think so, but nothing was going on I don't think, I just, I don't know...

I sighed.

"You're just friends Amaya that's all... Just friends.." I said to myself I shrugged it off.

"Hey Amaya what you need haven't seen you in awhile." Maggie said

"Ya... Um you know where Cayden is?" I said.

"Ya.. He's in the laundry room cleaning clothes with Lilly." She said.

"Ok thanks bye." I said.

"Bye Maya come visit me tommorrow!" She said cheery as ever.

"K bye." I said.

I left the room and walked to the laundry room.

I've been looking for him forever. I looked down at my watch it's around 7:00 pm jeez where is he?

"Cayden shouldn't you be leaving Amaya going to get worried." Lilly said smoothly.

"No it's ok a few more minutes won't hurt she knows I'm doing a lot of chores anyways.." He said pretty much begging.

I hear them giggling and get a weird feeling in my stomach. Something isn't right.