Chapter 2: Terms and Conditions

I look at her she looks pretty clean for the apocalypse her fresh hair cut and clean clothes, make me want to stay here forever. But if I can follow their rules I can soon look like that, I just hope it wasn't like Woodbury.

She snapped me out of my thoughts her words were a blur.

"Hmm sorry what did you say?" I asked still thinking about the past.

"I said how many walkers have you killed?" She said irratated.

"Oh that's what you call em... Way too many to count." I said shakily I hope I past this test.

"Uhhh, how many people have you killed?" She said looking away at the last part.

"Um... I..two.." I said looking at her.

"Oh... Why?" She said looking down knowing what's coming next.

I sighed "My dad got bitten and some bad guy who... Tried to do something to me." I said not expressing anything at all.

"Oh well sorry." She said with no expression.

"That's starting to sound like a broken record lately." I said sarcastically.

She gave me a half smile and motioned for me to come inside the prison.

"There's limited space so I hope you don't mind sharing a cell tomorrow um..." She looking at me confused.

She seemed nice I decided to tell her my name.

"Amaya... Amaya Dixon." I said.

"Really hmm that's odd." She said looking at me strangely.

I never knew my name was strange didn't want to question I want to stay here as long as I can and plus I'm really tired.

"Ok Amaya first I want to introduce you to some people but 3 of our members are on a run and people are scattered around the prison so you'll meet people as you go most people are in there cells right now but here's my boyfriend Glenn." She said smiling.

"Hey Glenn! Here's the girl we saw!" She said pointing at me.

"Hey I'm Glenn nice to meet you!" He said pulling out his hand.

I shake it quickly , "Amaya." I said I'm way to tired to smile.

The country women whispered something in his ear. He lifted his eyebrows at me looking suprised.

"Ok well Amaya I'll take you to one of the people's cell that are on a run you can meet them and more people tomorrow." Glenn said.

"Okay." I said unsure what else to say.

"Ok here you go, don't sleep too late and tomorrow Rick will give you your job schedule." He said opening the cell door.

"Okay thanks." I said hoping he'd leave.

"Oh! And there's clothes in the closest and I suggest you get up a little early for a shower."

"Also for safety reasons we are checking your bags tomorrow and don't try anything because we have guards in the hallways. Night." He finally leaves and locks the door behind him.

Honestly don't care right now about these 'safety concerns' I'll deal with them tomorrow. I plop myself onto the bottom bunk and sigh.

Showers, clothes, and a bed is this heaven or what?

Who knows what tomorrow will bring.