Chapter 3: Part of the group

I wake up in the morning feeling nice for once I grab a navy blue shirt that says 'ARMY', some dark skinny jeans and my black converse surprisingly the cell door is unlocked and I find the shower room on my own.

I take off my old ripped clothes that reeked of old blood and puke and got into the shower, turning it as hot as possible.

The water felt so refreshing I felt like crying. I scrub off dirt, blood, and clean off cuts getting rid of the bad memories that came with them.

I look at myself in the mirror with wet hair, I look decent for once I put my hair in a ponytail and brush my teeth.

I head back to my cell waiting for anyone to come I look at my watch it's about nine o' clock then I hear a click, I look towards the cell door and see a man with a beard and curly hair.

He comes inside and looks at me.

"Are you Amaya?" He snaps at me.

Jeez seems like he's in a bad mood.

"No I'm Santa Claus." I say sarcastically with a small laugh it quickly fades.

He said "Young lady, now I don't need even more teen drama I already got a son your age and I don't play around. Now I want you to feed the pigs and pick up the scraps after you meet a couple and eat now don't get on the wrong foot with people like ya did with me!" He said harshly.

"Now go!" He said pointing at the door.

I sighed and rolled my eyes and left great so that's Rick he can't take a joke can he?

I sigh and go into the cafeteria everyone engaged in their own conversion so I go over to a older lady with short grayish hair.

"Eggs?" She asked.

"Ya." I huffed.

"Are you the new girl uhh Maya I think it is?" She asked.

"Um it's A- Maya but u can call me maya if want." I said stressing the A.

"Okay." She smiled at me.

I nodded as she put eggs on my plate and handed my a water bottle.

"Oh and don't worry I think you'll like it here." She smiled.

I nodded and looked around where to sit.

Great just like school. I sighed and sat next to Maggie she was talking to a blond girl a lot but older than my age.

"Oh hi Amaya! This is my sister beth! You two will be real great friemds I bet!" Maggie said.

"Hi beth nice to meet you." I said low

"Well hi there nice to meet you too!"

"Hey is that a charm bracelet! I have one too!" Beth said as she lifted up her hand.

I smiled at her, "Ya my sister made it for me." I said softly.

She nodded,"Hey later tonight come to my cell for a party with my friends and wear something nice there going to be boys!" She said excitingly.

Whoo not really fun for me.

I huffed and went on a walk outside the prison gates it's been two days since I came here, and I'm bored out of my mind.

I pass an old dress store and decide to go in. I find a dress it's mint green and black with a silver belt it's longer in the back.

I grab it and go to another store and get some food and weapons. Then I go back to the prison to find Maggie pacing at the door.

"Where were you?!" She said angrily.

"Went on a run." I said calmly.

"By yourself!?" She said wide eyed.

"Ya." I said like it was no big deal.

"Look Amaya we don't do stuff like that here okay? Promise me you won't do that again and I won't tell Rick this time." She said.

"Okay sorry I promise." I said.

She nodded and went inside.

I went to take a shower, got on my dress and put my hair in a messy bun then I saw that my dress had a big hole in the back near my butt.

"Dammit, just my luck." I said pissed.

I went to my cell and looked. Then I saw a navy blue knit sweater and some very off white vans. I brushed my hair several times making it straight and put some eyeshadow and mascara I found on the run.

I unpacked my backpack from the run put the knife and my crossbow under the bed. I hanged up the mint green dress and a couple another clothes I found and put some food under the bed also. I grabbed my backpack with some food.