Chapter 35: Don't Look Back

((Carls POV))

As we continue walking, Anna tries to hold my hand.

I get extremely irritated by her and can't take it,

"Just because my girlfriend is dead, missing, gone, lost. God knows where she is! But it doesn't give you the right to step in and take her place. I'm just not that person. I made her a promise and I'll keep that promise, I'd rather us not even be friends but I guess I'm stuck with you following us. So, don't you dare lay another fuckin' finger on me." I yelled at her.

I knew that if my dad was well he'd yell at me for talking to her like that, but he was too weak to do so,

She stayed silent for the rest of the walk.

All is dead, all is gone.

I kept thinking.

"Don't look back, Carl. Don't look back." I whispered to myself.

I continued walking and I took a look back once more.

Don't look back.

I will NEVER look back. Again.

EVER.

((Amaya's POV))

I look around no one, absolutely no one.

Then out of nowhere, I hear a cry. I pick up my duffel bag and run towards the innocent cry hoping for anything.

Then I see it. A black carseat out in the open sitting on top of a dumpster.

I look around and no one is here. I pick up the carseat off the dumpster and open the flap, there's a baby. Wait that's....

"Judith..?" I whisper,

Her blue eyes are red from crying so much, and she has slobber running down her neck.

She whines and I shush her to calm down.

There's a diaper bag next her filled with, formula, diapers, wipes, bottles, and blankets. I fit the diaper bag in my duffel bag since it's much wider and pick up the car seat, it's oddly heavy and Judith won't stop crying.

Then I hear moaning and I try running with the car seat but I bump Judith's head against the hard plastic, several times and again, it's really heavy.

I curse to myself as I pick her up with my bloody hands as blood drips in her carseat from my forearm, leave the blood soaked carseat and run. I finally am far enough from them that I can take a short break.

Then I see something,

More like, someone.

I run up to the somewhat familiar tomboy lady and beg for her to help.

"Hey you!" I yell at her,

She looks over and puts a gun to her head. I rush to her and knock it out of her hand as it shoots, it barely misses her head, what's wrong with this lady?!

"I- I'm sorry I didn't know he would do this, I just went with Brian's plan and I- I knew it was all wrong, when he cut off that old guys head, That was so fucked up- I- I'm sor-" she cried.

"Listen, I really don't care right now. Just please, come with me. I need help I have this baby and I can't do it alone!" I plead half of which was true.

"J-Just leave me here to di-" she started,

I've had enough of this shitty lady,

I pull a gun to her head and say,

"Either you help me or I'll shoot off every limb you have. I'll give you the death you want, just this one will be more painful and long" I say through my teeth,

She quickly nods and I put my gun away.

"Good." I grunt.

(A/n)

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated lately this chapter was going to be longer but for some reason it didn't save and I couldn't figure out some details. Also, If some of you guys didn't catch it, Amaya found the car seat before Rick and Carl. That's why when they did find it, it was filled with blood. It was from Amaya's gunshot she just received.

Ok enough of that,

We reached 2k!🎉

Yay! I can't believe this story came so far, thank you all so much for the continued support <3