Chapter 43: Terminus.

"Carl- come on bud ya gotta keep up there on our tail-" Daryl waves his hand in front of my face.

The moans of hungry monsters who can't wait to dig there teeth in to sweaty flesh, feels like a nightmare.

But this nightmare is a reality and it's time for me to finally wake up. To come to realization that there will be no nor ever will be a break for us good people left on the earths surface. Sadly, there's only assholes who get what ever they want, flesh-eating walkers, or the good innocent people like us who get the shit.

I feel everything's in slow-motion I'm sweating and feel really light headed, I start wobbling, my legs start feeling like jello by the minute, my muscles screaming to stop moving and lay down. But, I can't. I just can't. I'd promise I'd protect her and I've already failed that, I can't do again. Especially right now.

"Do you want me to carry her?" Daryl says.

I shake my head.

I fall to the ground, I feel arms scooped me up, and my vision going blurry the last thing I hear is gun shots and the last thing I see is my beautiful Amaya in the distance still lying on the floor where I left her. I want to scream, yell anything to get to her but I felt my eyelids getting heavy and couldn't keep them open any longer.

I was weak.

I was weak when she needed me the most.

{Daryl POV}
I scoop up Carl and hand him to Rick I feel bad for Rick one child on his back the other in his hands plus, having to run from walkers. I have no choice but to pick up Amaya but I can't follow Rick and Carl there path is blocked by walkers.

I'm swarmed around I see an opening and start running there's no time to think I see what looks like a tiny log cabin in the distance. I quickly get inside from the back and lock the door as I throw Amaya on the couch she grunts and I stay up for awhile figuring out where to head in the morning, for all I know Rick and Carl could be dead, miles away, or just a few steps away, but all I needed, ALL we needed was some rest it's been a VERY long day. I close my eyes and feel myself drift off my last thought is how Amaya is going react to all of this in the morning.

But, that was going to be in the morning for him to figure out.

{Amaya POV}
I still feel his hands on me that disturbing feeling inside of me. I remember a boy looking at me.... What was his name..? And where am I? I slowly open up my eyes and feel the warming sun. I look around before getting up, for all I know I could still be with the creeps who put there hands on me or that strange boy... He seems so awfully familiar. I can't remember what happened the last few years just I was raped, hit, and my childhood, and those hideous monsters. I remember that part.

"Amaya, your up!" I hear a familiar voice.

I flinch as the older man touches me. He voice raspy I know him. I do I...

"Amaya, it's just me. Your uncle Daryl, I ain't goin' hurt ya'."

I than hug him. That's who he was I remember him! My father says he was gone dead. I didn't believe him.

"I knew you weren't dead! Dad, told me you were but your not!" I say tears slipping out of eyes.

He slowly let go of me and put his hands on my shoulders...

"Amaya? Do you remember what happened? The prison, Carl, walkers, anything?"

"Prison?" I say. When did I go to prison? And who's Carl?

"I think I know what walkers are..." I say, or do I?

I start bawling all the sudden.

"Why don't I remember anything my head hurts trying to think of what happened before the guys grabbed me and abused me. I just- I don't remember and I-" I start over-welling and I can't breath.