Chapter 50: Graceland [Last Chapter]

{Carl's POV}

I stare up at the sky, it's been 2 years or so since I seen her I don't remember, I can't even think or say her name because it hurts so much, it hurts that I never got to say good bye.

But still, I stare at the sky, not a single cloud in sight, I sniff and smell; the smell of spring, I remember how much she loved spring and I smile.

Often, I find myself enjoying the little things more.

I wonder what makes the sky such a bright blue, and think to myself that's something she would wonder.

"Damn Carl, what's got you so smiley? Met a new girl here in Alexandria?" Daryl laughs,

I give him a funny look and respond.

"Dammit Daryl can't I just enjoy the weather?" I frown.

He puts his hands up in defense and says,

"Alright, alright." He says lying back on the grass.

"Are you thinking about her again?" He says all the sudden.

"You know I am, the real question is when aren't I thinking about her." I say staring at the sky still.

"Carl, I still hurt, I think about Amaya every fucking day and I'd give anything in the world to hear her laugh again, but she's gone, and there's nothing we can do about it, if one things for certain, she'd want us to be happy, and to not think about her as much." He says looking over.

I feel a sense of pain when he says her name, I haven't heard it in a year.

"Okay." Is all I said even though him and I both knew that I would never stop thinking about her.

I will never stop thinking about her.

{Amaya's POV}
I remember the day I came to Graceland about a year ago.

A lot has changed since then,

1 year earlier..

The door slowly opens and I step into a hallway that seems like it never ends.

I look to my right to see a guy standing there.

"If you harm any staff in anyway you'll be sent back in the confirmation room,"

"We have many questions to ask you."

"And I have many questions to ask you guys, like why the fuck am I here?!" I say walking beside him, I did not want to go to that crazy room again so I keep my fist to themselves.

"I'm not authorized to answer that, you'll take your questions to President Sandra."

I walk into what seems to be a control room or lab room.

A women wearing a white outfit and even has white hair, with beady eyes smiles at me, she doesn't seem trust worthy.

"Hello Amaya, we've been waiting to speak to you."

"I have a quest-" I start.

"I'm sure you have many."

"But, let me answer one that I know you're going to ask," She starts.

"You're here because you qualify as a member, you've past all of our difficult tests, you should be very proud, your second question who are we? We are Graceland International Community Center, also known as G.I.C.C. We are one of the 25 GICC's remaining in the world. We are government establishments the only government establishment may I add, each center only accepts about 50-150 members per community, you should feel very lucky, thousands have tried." She smiles very proudly at her introduction.