Chapter 24

(Y/n)'s POV

I was in my room just practicing singing, "Ugh...!" I groan out in frustration.  I just stop singing before I just face palm at my bed, "Why did I have to sing on that day at the licenses exam?" I ask myself.  Of course, I wasn't paying attention in my room because I didn't hear no one come inside of my room.  I was too busy trying to think things through for this festival that I never heard anything, "Hey (L/n), thanks for letting me use your notebook." The person's voice said to me.  I got spook at this before I yelp out before throwing my pillow at the person.  Turns out it was Midoriya.  My pillow hit Midoriya's face on accident, "Oh crap! Sorry about that Midoriya! And of course, you and the others needed it to catch up. So, you're welcome." I said to Midoriya.  Midoriya gives me back my pillow before I threw my pillow at my bed before I grab my notebook from Midoriya's hand.

I just sigh at this before Midoriya starts talking to me, "Everything alright, (L/n)?" Midoriya asks me.  I just sigh at this before telling Midoriya, "Not really. Ever since that night that we had finally figured out of who is doing what. Also, I have to sing as well because Jiro use her ear jacks to hear me at the license exam." I said to Midoriya.  I just lied down on my bed before telling Midoriya, "I been practicing again, but since the others are playing instruments. Then here's me the only one who doesn't know how to play an instrument. I should've told everyone that I didn't want to sing." I said to Midoriya.  Midoriya was probably looking at me before he tells me, "(L/n), maybe give it a try. I'm not saying to force yourself into it, but I'm saying just give it one try and if you don't like it, then you cannot do it again." Midoriya says to me.

I just nod my head at Midoriya before telling him, "Alright, but just this once. But I'm only doing this just because I kinda want my dad and Tifa there to see it." I said to Midoriya with an embarrassed tone in my voice.  Midoriya gives me a comfort smile on his face before he tells me, "I'm sure that they would love to hear you sing." Midoriya says to me.  I give Midoriya a small smile on my face before telling him, "Thank you, Midoriya. Now get going because I need my time to practice my voice a bit." I said to Midoriya.  Midoriya leaves my room, but not forgetting to close my door.  I start to sing a bit.

Author's note: Remember, that it's only few words that you are singing in this song. Also, I love this song, so please don't judge me for picking this song.

Used to think I was unlucky in love.

Lonely days when my nights were made of.

Broken hearts and lots of empty wishes.

Tired of wastin' all of my best kisses.

Oh-oh-oh-ooh.

Opposites attract, perfectly mismatched.

Oh-oh-oh-ooh.

We were black and white, now it seems so right.

Hey, hey, the boy next door.

He could be the love, I've searched everywhere for.

Hey, hey, the boy next door.

Who'd have ever thought it'd be him I would adore?

The boy next door.

It's keepin' me from this runnin' away.

That's what I do, so it's makin' me stay.