𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲

𝑻𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒇𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝑰'𝒎 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖

Y/n sat on her bed contemplating on whether she should invite her ex for a talk— she felt like they could still be friends even with the way they ended. She wanted the conversation to be smooth, but she knew how easily side tracked she got around him.

Since they broke up she had many more opportunities, she was getting new offers for jobs, more tips from being a waitress— overall just glowing. She hated the feeling of not being able to talk to him everyday, she got used to him way too quickly she thought.

They dated for 3 months, most couples are still in the honeymoon era by that time, her and Kevin were extremely toxic. He was too controlling in a way where she couldn't even be on her phone past a certain time, she could barely post a picture on instagram.

He didn't see an issue with it but there were multiple red flags— she spotted them way before they dated but decided to ignore them. By the time they dated she thought they would've faded away, but that was genuinely the person he was.

Y/n stared at the unsaved number and took a deep breath, she knew things could go wrong in a good way— but she didn't want anything to happen. She wanted a conversation and nothing more; she wanted to know where the stood and if they could still get along.

Kevin didn't seem too effected by the fact that they weren't together, he seemed pretty numb to the whole situation— it was eating her alive though. She went to their chat and scratched her chin before pressing the call button.

The phone rang a for a second before the call was picked up, his voice slightly in panic he asked— " are you alright? What's going on?" She tilted her head. " nothing Kevin— I just wanted to talk to you" she muttered, he sighed.

" if you're busy this conversation can end it's no problem." She stated, she didn't wanna feel like a burden to him in no type of way. " nah, you're good. Stop acting like that it's just— I didn't expect you to talk to me so soon." He said honestly. " I know but— I feel like we should be friends." She said hesitantly.

" I agree. Before we dated you were an amazing buddy, swea" he uttered lowly before coughing. " you're talking too proper, no word to's?" She tilted her head. " your Texan ass, you ain't saying yeehaw in every sentence?" He teased her with a small chuckle at the end.

She smiled to her self and rolled over to talk to him, her legs in the air she felt childish— but his voice sounded so good. " nah fuck you, yeehaw my ass boy." She murmured, " it sound natural rolling off ya tongue Baby ian gon lie to ya" he snickered.

" yeah whatever Kevin, are you smoking right now?" She asked while picking at a piece of fabric on her comforter. " yeah, I haven't been smoking a lot but I'm high as fuck right now. Aye you think you could bring me some snacks?" He questioned.

She looked at the time before sighing. " sure why not? Reese's and Doritos?" She asked while getting up, " duh, why you ain't FaceTime me? Ya Nigga there or something?" He mumbled next to the mic, she listened to the constant flickering of the lighter before rolling her eyes.

" don't be rolling ya eyes." He said, she froze before mumbling. " how you know what I was doing?" She looked around a little before putting on her crocs. " mm, don't worry about it. I wanna see your pretty face y/n" he huffed, he hung up the call and face timed her.

She threw a bit of a fit before answering the phone. " you called for nothing, I'm still not showing my face. But when I get there we need to have a serious conversation." She stated, he rolled his eyes and continued to beg for her to show her face.