Remember

I'm with Kenny for a few hours when realize how late it is. Where laying on the bed side to side with our shoulders touching in the small vicinity that is his twin bed. We're just talking about whatever comes up and I'm having a really good time when I look over to him. He looks back at me staring at my lips. I notice how close we are, but I don't say anything.

I inch my face closer.

"I need to go home, Ken". I whisper.

"Why"? He asks still looking at my lips.

"It's late.." I say looking down as well.

He blinks and looks up.

"Stay with me.." he tells me softly, looking into my eyes. Lightly touching my bare thigh.

"I don't think my mom will be okay with that". I chuckle lightly, turning my head to the other side.

He picks himself up with one arm laying on his shoulder over me.

"Come on". He pokes at me dramatically drawing out the words. "You know you wanna". He pokes my cheek, and I feel static shoot through the place his hands meet.

I giggle and move his hands away.

"Hmm". I think, "maybe another time".

"Yes!" He whispers triumphantly pumping his fists.
"Promise?"

"Mm, promise". I agree.

He gives me a toothy grin and I sit up as he watches me grab my stuff. 

"Are you sure you can walk home by yourself? It's dark". He tells me.

"I'll be fine, it's not far". I wave him off.

He walks me to the door and we tip toe around his drunken father. When we're outside he wraps his hands around my waistline and pulls me into hug. I jump at first, but slowly relax into his neck wrapping my own hands around them, breathing in deeply.

"Don't go.." he whispers.

"Kenny!" I laugh.

"I know, I know".

"I'll see you again, you know."

He doesn't say anything to that, but he keeps me pulled in tight.

With his arms still around me and leans back looking at my face.

"When the time comes.. with you remember?"

"R-remember what?"

He just looks at me and finally shakes his head. I'm left with many questions as we part ways, but I put my headphones in anyway and walk home looking back to wave.

=====
I watch her leave and head inside.

Back in my dirty room, I look to the place we were once sitting. There's a sense of dread in my chest and I look under my bed sighing.

Fuck it.

=====

I'm not really paying attention to my surroundings as I hum along to the music. I shiver but not from the cold.

I feel eyes on me.

I keep walking picking up the pace a little.

=====

She's walking a little faster now and I wonder if she can sense my presence. I just want to make sure she's safe, I think to myself as I jump from rooftop to rooftop silently, like a shadow.

She's humming a song as she walks back and it sounds angelic, I wonder what she's listening to.

She turns around to look back but I'm not in sight. I feel her uneasiness and I decided it's time to show myself. I jump down in front of her making myself known as she turns around. She screams and covers her mouth dropping her phone. I silently walk over to her and bend down to pick it up, handing it to her.

"W-who— are you?" She asks me trembling. Taking the phone back.

I enter the light and stare at her through hooded eyes. I know she can't see my face throw my dark purple hood.

She looks up to the question mark on my forehead.

"M-Mysterion!" She shouts and have I shush her.

She takes a couple steps back.

"Do not be afraid". I say dark and husky.

"What do you want"? She looks at me stiff, but I see the fear in her eyes.

"Why are you walking by yourself at this hour? It's not safe".

"I- was- coming back from a friends house". She tells me and I feel a sense of pride at the title she gives me, but I don't let her see that.

"I can't believe— your real!" She looks excited.
"Are the others here too?" She questions, looking around me.

"No, there aren't any others".

I see her mood drop and silently laugh to myself.

Take that fuckers, I met her first.

"Are you going to walk me home"?

I silently nod at her.

"I will protect you- citizens with my life". I grumble.

She smiles at me finally not afraid.
I pick her up bridal style and she squeals.

I jump to the roof quickly, and effortlessly run from one to the other. She looks down and screams.

"Oh my god!" She covers her eyes in my shoulder wrapping her arms around me tightly and my heart skips.

"We're going to die"! She freaks.

"Not on my watch, princess".
=====

Princess?

No way.. could he...

I shake the thought away as I grasp him tightly, to afraid to actually put the pieces together right now.

Before I know it, he jumps onto my roof and sets me down by the window. I just look up at him to afraid to let go.

He chuckles but I don't think I was supposed to see that.

I slowly climb away from him as he effortlessly opens my window, and I wonder if it's that easy for just anyone.

He helps me inside and I turn around to thank him. But he's already gone.

"M- Mysterion!" I yell looking around.

But I'm too late, he's gone.

I shut my window.

Huh.