Naïve

My eyes widen at my phone, I'm stunned at the words sitting on my screen.

Craig was jealous? Of Tweek?

I type a couple words, delete them, type some more before deciding I actually have no idea what to say next.

Me: why?

That's the only world I can think of saying back, like the word is bouncing off my brain around and around.
I watch as Craig deciphers what he should reply with as well. Neither of us know what to do next.

I watch as he thinks about it some, before he shakes his head and shuts off his phone. I raise a eyebrow at him, but all he does is raise his middle finger to me with a smile.
Confused, but smiling anyway, I return his lovely gesture.

What the hell?

____________________

The rest of the day goes by in the blink of an eye, I come out on the other side relatively unscathed. Many cups of free coffee later, and to many petty arguments between the boys to count, and I'm finally home for the night.

I collapse into my bed, stare at the ceiling and watch as the sun falls away. There are many thing swirling around in my head, but I keep them at bae as the moon gets brighter and brighter.

   I am exhausted..

Well, when am I not?

There are many things I want to say, to many different people. But I let the night sky wash my worries away as I decide to go up on the roof, like old times.

I wonder about my life, my old one as well. A girl that seems so far away from me now, but for the first time in while— I don't feel the need to reach for her. I have a home here, I have friends— hell, I might have to many of them.

Maybe my mother was right? Maybe— this is really— for the best.

I sigh quietly to myself as the burden lifts from me.

I feel content-

"Why are up here?" A voice grumbles behind me.

I gasp and flip my head around to stare at the familiar figure looming above me, as I sit below him.

"What the hell, dude?" I glare at the man.

Mysterion stays quiet, but I watch his body tense for just a second as he instinctively covers his lower body.

I sigh, and drop my hardened features.

"I'm not going to hit you."

He doesn't reply, once again, but instead slowly and cautiously moves to sit down next to me on the roof. I chuckle at his wariness, feeling the control is finally in my hands.

"We talked about the sneaky up on me, Mysterion". I tease him.

His body tenses again as I lean closer to him, I hold back my chuckle. He looks out over the neighborhood, silently, as the moon casts a perfect shadow over his face.

"I... apologized". He mumbled quietly, fumbling with his gloved hand.

"No, I don't think you did actually." I smirk at him. "I might need you to say it again".

He looks over at me quickly, I can't see his face, but I can assume the expression he's wearing.

    He never apologized.

"So— saving the city again tonight?" I ask him.

He nods softly. Still quiet.

"Something.. on your mind? You seem"-

"I'm being avoided". He grumbles out, quickly and looking away from me.

"By who?" I raise my eyebrow.

Something is different about Mysterion tonight.

He only shakes his head, I know what he means.

     He can't tell me..

"Well, did you do something wrong?"

He shrugs and shakes his head again.

I sigh to myself, I can't help him if he doesn't speak.

"Okay.. well, maybe you should just, ask?" I try.

He looks over at me like that's a first time he's ever thought about it, the most obvious answer I could have provided for him, seems to have slipped his mind entirely.

"How do you... talk to someone you like?"

My eyes light up at his sentencing and I punch him on the arm.

"No way! The great Mysterion, has a crush!" I tease him.

He glares back at me.

"Who? Do I know her?" I ask excitedly, poking him for answers.

He continues to scold me with his eyes and I raise my hands in defense.

"Right, right. You can't tell me, I get it".

He sighs.

"...what's she like?" I tease him again.

He swiftly gets to his feet and begins to walk away. I grab his hand and pull him back down.

"Fine! I won't ask! Promise.." I chuckle as he grumpily sits back down next to me.

"Why don't you just.. tell her?" I ask him.

"To many people.."

"What?" He has me thoroughly confused.

He stays quiet for a moment.

"To soon." Is all he responds.

"Right.. uh"-

"She's.. an idiot".

"Well that's not very nice".

"Naïve". He corrects himself.

"I see. Well, patience is important too, maybe she's not ready?"

He looks over at me, and then back to the neighborhood.

I hear him chuckle slightly.

"Definitely".