Oh, How Wrong I Was

I don't remember how it happened. It just did. So fast I couldn't breathe as the world swallows me up, and oh how I wish it just would have. Maybe then, I wouldn't have all my emotions stripped from my body. Removed and placed down one by one, so I'm forced to acknowledge them. Understand that it was real, and understand that I can no longer walk the earth like I had. Ignorance is bliss, I guess, but now I'm back in that house— surrounded by the empty walls. Wishing so much, that I never stayed. Never watched the light, as it faded from his eyes.

_____________________

"Kenny!" I laugh, slightly pushing him off me as he wraps both his arms around my neck from behind. Pulling me into a backwards hug while he buries his face in my neck.
The faux fur of his orange parka tickling me slightly along with the wind he's blowing down my collar bone. I shiver and wiggle around trying to free myself from his grasp.

"Dudes, we're in public". Kyle puts a hand over his face.

"Mmh mrhhp mh" (Can't help it)

"Okay." I laugh. "Okay!" I say a little louder hoping he'll get the message.

He doesn't remove his arms from me, but he does lift his head up as we sit in the coffee shop. Now, the loudest ones here.
We had finished our drinks a long while ago now, continuing to just sit and enjoy each other's company as we laugh and talk. I notice the bags under Kyle's eyes and wonder if maybe it's time to go. We all could use a nap.

Kyle looks a little embarrassed as we throw our trash into the garbage can, but I don't say anything. I do however, feel the annoyed eyes on me from the small amount of patrons in the coffee shop. As well as a pare I know all to familiar. I look back at Stan as he averts his gaze, quickly stifling his scowl as he looks upon Kenny. I roll my eyes, but slightly nudge his side anyway, getting his attention. I smile at him and he immediately softens. I don't recognize the look in his eyes as he tilts his head and smiles back. I don't saying about that either.

The walk was long and my legs are tired as we finally reach the edge of town. Only a couple blocks away from the neighborhoods.

"I'm guessing it's back to Cartman's?" I ask the group with me.

"Duh, I have a ginger to kill". Cartman laughs as he pushes Kyle.

He stumbles a little forward and a furrow my features at Cartman.

"Don't do that, dumbass. There's cars around." I hold onto Kyle's side stabilizing him slightly.

He only rolls his eyes at me, annoyed at my worries.

I shake my head as I let go of Kyle, he smiles at me. Him, touched by my worry. I smile back as we pass the park, coming up to the crosswalks dividing the neighborhoods from the town. I watch as Stan presses the button, signaling to the stop light that predestinations are waiting to cross. I stand by the front next to Kenny, as the rest of the boys group up behind me. I'm not really paying attention to anything while the sound of cars screaming passed me doesn't reach the full of my consciousness. To in versed in my conversation with Kenny to process anything happing around me, boredly waiting for the lights to turn red so we can continue home.

I yawn in my hands again, running them through my hair as I feel my body— heavy and tired. Waiting for the first chance it gets to sleep. Maybe I'll take a nap at Cartman's, so I don't have to go home. Or maybe, I'll just actually go home. I want to be with my friends though, not particularly ready to leave just yet. Maybe it would be for the best.

"Aren't you guys tired". I ask the group.

"Mmh". (Nah)

"How?" I gawk at him.