Where Is She?

~~~~

They boys beat up Cartman for making her run off. Cartman is down pouting and bloody nosed, as they head back to class.

"Kenny, you have gym with her next, talk to her." Kyle speaks.

"Mmhmm" Kenny agrees.

"I'm in that class to you guys". Cartman shouts.

"You've done enough, fat ass". Stan scolds.

The bell rings for class and the boys part ways.
However, she doesn't show up for gym that day. In fact, she's absent for the rest of all her classes. When the final bell rings, signaling the end of the day the boys line up like always for the bus. But she's not there either. They look around at each other.

Where is she?

"She didn't show up for your class either?" Kyle asks the boys.

"No, I though she was with you"? Stan questions.

"I thought she was with you!" Kyle sweats in his hands as he nervously rubs his fingers together.

The boys scowl at Cartman, who holds his hands up defensively.

"I didn't even say anything that bad! She probably just went home". He defends himself.

"You better be right, fat"-

"Mmh, mmh!" (Guys, look!) Kenny grabs them and points them in the direction of a familiar black haired girl, brushing her fingers through it as she whispers with Red and Bebe.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Stan gawks.

"What the hell happened to her face?" Cartman laughs slightly, but his chuckle quickly ends when slight anxiety flashes over his body.

He quickly glances around at the other boys who are looking back at him. Same facial expressions and worry. Wendy looks over at the group staring at her. She scowls slightly when her face quickly flashes into the most innocent smile, white teeth sparkling in the sun. She waves at the boys and walks away.

"She- she probably went home right?" Cartman asks, still looking at the space Wendy once stood.

"P-probably..  we should check".

The boys look back at each other suspicious.

"Yeah..."

________________________
The closer they get to their stop, the more anxious they feel. It builds up in them slowly, as they sit facing forwards in their seats. Not moving, not talking. The world seems to move in slow motion as they come up to their stop. They slowly step off the bus and look at each other.

They didn't see her walking around. They checked the route she wound need to take to get home, but as the bus sped past the clearing in the trees— she was no where to be seen. They begin the walk to her house, slow and shakily. Dreading what they already knew.

She's not home either.

As they come up to her house the boys stand by her front door. Afraid to move, afraid to speak. Cartman groans, biting the bullet for the boys as he knocks.

To their surprise, her mother opens the door, which they thought wouldn't open at all.

They sigh in a false sense of relief as they look at her.

"Is- is your daughter home yet?" Kyle asks.

"Oh- no.. I thought maybe she was with you boys?" She speaks, much to their dismay.

They boys look at each other, wide eyed and nervous.

"T-thanks". They say as they take off running, back in the direction of the school.

"What, the hell"? Stan Scream as they bolt, out of breath.

"She can't still be at school." Kyle grumbles.

"What if she is? We just fucking left her! Went home!" Cartman fumes, surprisingly keeping up with the boys as they run.

"No dumb ass! This is your fault! You left her." Kyle screams back.

"Guys, wait". Stan stops dead in his tracks as the boys slow down to look at him. "It'll take us years to get there on foot, we'll use my dads car." He starts running in the opposite direction to his house.

"You don't have a license though!" Kyle screams.

"That's, what your worried about right now?" Stan screams in disbelief.

"I- whatever, hurry". Kyle sighs.

They make it to Stans house and run inside. They grab the keys and make a beeline for the car. Before anyone can see them, or tell him no. They pile up. Stan and Kyle in front, Cartman and Kenny in the back. They barely have time to put their seatbelts on before Stan is racing down the street. Sharply making turns and speeding past stop lights. They're yelling at each other, bickering over nothing as they fail to process their emotions. Or properly express them.

"Where the fuck is she?"

The car comes to a screeching stop as they jump out. Not even bothering to shut the engine off. They run through the front doors and frantically look around.

"Where to first?"

"Shit!" Stan slams his hand into a locker. "Downstairs bathroom.."

The run up to the door and bang on it aggressively, but on the other end is silence.

"Well? Someone go in there!" Kyle shouts.

"No way, that's for chicks". Cartman crosses his arms.

"You guys are actually children.." Stan rolls his eyes as he pushes the bathroom door open.

The four of them pack in looking around frantically. The begin to yell her name when a puddle on the ground, stops them in their tracks. It's a small pile of red dark blood. Splattered on the ground in big and small drops. There's more by the stalls.

The boys are stunned to their core, they can't move, or speak when Kenny rushes forwards. He bangs the stall door open and skids inside.

"Mmmh mmmhhh mhhh!" He mumbles.

The boys are still staring at the blood on the ground not registering it as real in their minds.

"Fuck"! Kenny's voice brings them back into reality as they rush inside.

She's there. Sitting against the wall with her knees in her chest, cradling her head with her hands on top.

Kenny shakes her shoulders calling her name, screaming it at the top of his lungs , when her arm falls to the side, limp. He grabs it and shakes her harder and she falls limp into his chest.

"She- fuck! Is she breathing?" Cartman yells, erratic.

"Yeah, she's just unconscious.." Kenny curses under his breath.

"Dammit! We gotta get her out of here— Kenny"-

Kenny picks her up in his arms and stands, way ahead of Kyle, as he runs out of the bathroom.

"Where to? The nurse?" Stan yells.

"No! We can't get the school involved yet.." Kenny grumbles, dark and mysterious.

"H-hospital!" Kyle stutters.

The place her in the car, and race off. Heading straight in the direction of South Park's hospital.

~~~~