Wildfire

I'm not present the last couple hours of my school day. I feel like a ghost as I walk around. I'm paranoid. Everywhere I look I see the girls. Their laughing at me. I turn the other corner and I see the boys. I can't talk to them either.

The principal wants to meet with me, I remember for my last class.

It's not very exciting, they ask me about myself and I'm introduced to the school counselor. They tell me the rules of the school and PC principal tells me they in fact, do not, tolerate bullies, or discrimination.

I scoff.

Fuck this.

The end of the day bell rings and I walk out of the school. There's no way I'm taking the bus, so I walk home. I needed to clear my head anyway.

Stan had heard a lot, but not all of it. The girls had told me they would ruin my life, I wasn't scared. But then, Wendy said they would ruin theirs. My friends, my fucking neighbor. Ruin their reputations, make me the outcast. They threatened to continue the rumors if I don't join them.

What could they want with me?

Why me?

I assume it's jealousy, the girls have ties to the boys, they said. An unbreakable bond I shouldn't dare come between. They think I'm sleeping around with each of them. Like their sharing me around, some play thing for them until they get bored and cut me out. I know in my heart that's not true, but there's something in the back of my brain telling me it is true. A small, idiotic voice in my head saying they don't actually care, they don't want me, their using me. But that can't be true right? Why else would they continue to hangout with me? Why would they care so much, and so openly. I shake away the thoughts.

I pull out my phone, as my fingers shakily type out the words.

Me: my house asap.

I start running, I need to be home. I run as fast as my body will allow me, lungs burning and screaming at me to stop. My mind runs faster then me, and I quiet the thoughts as best I can. Metallic in my throat, spreading to my cheeks and tongue.

            __________________________

=====
I get the text on my phone and look around at the guys on the bus. They're looking at it too. They look up at me and nod.

As soon as we get off the bus, Me, Kenny, and Kyle take off running in her direction. Cartmans a little far behind us, yelling slurs, telling us to slow down, but I could care less what he has to say right now.

I met up with everyone after 7th period and told them exactly what I heard from the bathroom. Of course they were angry, I'm pissed. But I'm also worried. I don't know what she's thinking. I don't know why she's not talking to us.

Kenny told us what happened after she ran off with him, and I scold Cartman for pulling Kenny away.

Can he care about anyone but himself for one god damn minute?

After what feels like a lifetime of running, we finally reach her house. My lungs ignite as I bang on the door, I feel like I just inhaled water. We're knocking rapidly, not letting up until she opens the fucking door, as Cartman finally catches up to us.

He's about to speak when she, finally, opens the door.

He shuts up immediately.

She's crying. Or at least she was. Her eyes are red and her cheeks look irritated and puffy. I feel bile creep up my throat, at the sight. The boys are stunned. What are we supposed to say?