Party clothes

=====
I hear the doorbell ringing as I sit at my desk. Computer on and blasting some video I clicked on earlier. I'm not really paying attention to it, as I scribble down random words and notes for school. I fell pretty far behind the last couple weeks, so I'm making up for it now. Sunday evening, as the sun sets.

I sigh and run my hands through my curly hair. It's weird, I haven't spoken to any of the guys since Friday night. Stan's words rack my brain, as I think on how we found the new girl. She said she wanted to hangout with them, so I'm not sure why I was so surprised to see her there. She looked happy, maybe to happy— in Clyde's fucking jacket.

"We're losing her".. He had said.

That's not the only thing I'm stuck on. Cartmans in my head, again, like he always is. I can't stand that guy. I don't want to think about what he said. It's not true, he's bullshitting me— again.

I think about all the times I've been with her, all the times the guys have been with her. I hadn't picked up on anything from them— maybe Kenny, but he's just like that, I guess. I look back down to my notes and realize I've been writing nothing but her name in my pages, unconsciously.

God dammit!

I erase everything and start again.

I done thinking about her.

"Kyle!"

I jump in my seat and look to the door, that's been swung wide open. She's standing there, my neighbor, the one that seems to be in the forefront of my mind oh so often.

At first I think I imagined her, brought her to life with my thoughts. But she's really standing here, in my room, unannounced. I turn my head to look over her, trying to hide my look of shock, and maybe a little excitement upon her arrival.

She runs over to me and wraps her arms around my shoulders as he hugs me from behind, while I sit in my seat. I put my hands up to hold her arms and she tilts her head to lay flat against mine.

"Someone's in a good mood". I chuckle at her excitement.

"I am!" She sings as she lets go.

"What are you doing here"?

She sets her backpacks down by my door and rubs the back of her neck, shy.

"I— wanted to see you?" She says, but it comes out more like a question.

I raise my brow at her, looking to her bag and back at her.

"You need my notes." I tell blankly. Though, I feel the small smile on my face begin to grow.

She lifts my mood by just being here.

"Maybe... but, I really did want to hangout!" She pouts.

"It's okay". I reach down in my own bag and grab a couple papers and notebooks from the classes I have with her.

I hand them to her and she celebrates quietly, she hums and puts them in her backpack.

"You're not going to do it now?" I ask her.

"Nope!" She jumps on my bed.

I shake my head and turn back to my studies.

I feel her looking at me for a while. She gets up and walks behind me. She places her chin on the top of my head as sighs dramatically.

I ignore her.

She sighs again, this time louder.

I pause the video on my computer and turn to her, my eyebrows raised.