Endgame

It's currently Thursday evening, and I'm getting antsy. I have no idea what's going on in the outside world. No one to talk to, no one to ask.

Don't. Break.

My phone lights up, buzzing quiet as I pace around my room.

Stan: playground.

Phase 4

I all but scream as the text floods my eyes. The pit in my stomach grows as I run out of my house. I walk as slowly as I can. Making sure I don't look at any of the security cameras, but choosing my route, so that I hit every single one. Not getting there to quickly, just right on time.

She'll see me coming. She's probably already on her way.

Don't. Break.

As I enter the park, children scream and run all around me. They're playing, not a care in the world. No problem, no worries. Oh, how I wish to be them again.

I look around at the basketball court. Noting all the exits, cameras, and possible ambush positions. My eyes land on the bathrooms. Just for second. I quickly look away, as I hear the door swinging shut. Someone has just walked in, and I sigh to myself.

I feel physically sick, as I pick at the skin around my fingers. I don't want to look suspicious, but I know I do. Something crashes in the girls bathroom, and I flinch at the sound. I can't help the smirk that threatens my cheeks, though I quickly stifle it.

Bingo.

I hear the mens bathroom door swing open behind me, and I turn around to it.

There he is, adjusting his hat as we walks in front of the girls bathroom.

"Stan!" I wave to him.

He turns to look at me, and shoved his hands in his pockets. He's expression is unreadable and plain as he looks to his shoes.

I run up to him, opening my arms to wrap him in a hug, when he steps back. Dodging it.

He sighs.

"You know we can't, not here".

I look down.

"I know I just— miss you, Stan. Us".

"I'm with Wendy now." He tells me, shaking his head.

"I know but, what about us? What we had? It was special! Tell me I'm wrong, Stan!"

He doesn't say anything.

I take a step closer to him, and raise my voice slightly.

"She doesn't have to know."

He looks away from me.

Silence falls over us.

"Uhm— she- she doesn't have to know!" I say a little louder.

He leans back against the door, and sighs.

"Maybe you're right". He shakes his head again. "Maybe, we can try again."

I widen my eyes at him, as he takes a step towards me, taking my hands in his.

"I don't feel for her, like I feel for you, Newbie". He looks deep into my eyes.

What?

"W-what?" I say, quietly.

"She will never be.. you".

That's not-

"Stan, what"-

"I think", he starts "I think I'm falling for you".

My brain goes silent, as I'm hit the shock of my life.

What is he doing?

I can feel the blood fall from my face, as I pale and my mouth falls open.

It's silent again.

Something crashes from the inside of the girls bathroom, again. I can barely hear it, as my mind goes numb.

"Dammit.." he grumbles, under his breath. No one can hear it but me.

"The guys— they've outcasted you. But I can't", he says, a little louder then I expected. "I'm in love with you. Not Wendy. Being with her has only made me realize that".

"Stan"-

He pulls me close and leans down into my ear.

"Trust me, go with it." He whispers. "And I'm sorry about this.."

"About wha"-

He pulls me in close, and harshly crashes his lips into mine. My eyes shoot open as I gasp a little into his mouth. I shut my eyes tight, and I feel him grip my waist. Passionately holding my body against his.

Our mouths don't move for a moment, as the world around me falls away. I taste the mint on his breath as I grip his shoulders tight. My mind is racing at a hundred miles and hour, but I can't seem to hear any of it as I finally melt into him. Sliding my hands up to wrap around the base of his neck. Relaxing into his arms.

Loud commotion behind us threats to break my trance, but his hand cupping my cheek pulls me back in as I tilt my head to the side deepening our embrace. Me makes the first move, gently massaging our lips together slowly, and small at first. My heart flutters in my chest and I push into him. Completely lost, and out of touch with reality.

I feel his mouth threaten to deepen things even more, as his hot breath feeds and mixes with mine. That's what breaks me. I pull away with a slight smack of our lips. Breathing shortly, as my body burns at the places he touches. He chases my lips, tighten his grip on me, completely forgetting where we are. What were actually here to do.

I step back and look at him, completely flushed.

He loosens his grip, as we come back down to reality.

=====

I decide I have no other choice. She's in there, I can tell. She's listening from the bathroom door as we speak to each other. I've already had to go off scripted twice, and Wendy's not taking the bait. I don't know what else to to.

I pull her in close and whisper in her ear, warning her of my plan. Not giving her the chance to understand as I lean into her.

It's rough at first, my lips against hers. She gasps into my mouth, and I lose my edge. My hands fly to her waist and I hold her flush against my own body. Completely feeling her, as our body's connect and fuse. I didn't plan to make it go any further. A simply kiss long enough to push Wendy to her breaking point, but when she wraps her hands around my neck, I lose it. I cup her cheek with my hand and deepen our momentum. She grips the back of my shirt in her fist as I massage our lips together. My body moves on its own at this point, and I feel myself moving full force towards the point of no return. Our breath mingles together in our open mouths as she begins to open herself up to me, and suddenly she pulls away. My first instinct is to chase her lips, wanting more. Needing the intoxicating feel of her mouth on mine.

Unfortunately I'm slapped back into reality as I realize, I have a job to do. She looks up at me, completely flushed, hot and bothered. I clench my teeth as I force myself to let go of her. It's the hardest thing I've had to do all day, and I spent the day with Wendy.

I whisper in her ear.

"Bathroom."
=====

Phase 5: Endgame