Teacher And His Student

"I just don't understand this!" She yells, dropping her forehead to the table.

"You'll get it eventually", I tell her, pointing to the notes on my paper. "Come on, let's just finish this problem".

"I'm to dumb.." she muffles from the table.

I shake my head at her, "don't say that".

She just rolls her head around to look at me pouting.

"Do it for me?" She asks, with puppy dog eyes.

It's almost works on me, I'm not going to lie. But I stand up and bend down right next to her, pointing at the question. I try to explain it a different way. Not just telling her what to do, but why, and how everything works together they way it does.
She watches my hand as I write down some formulas, explaining how to use them, and how to remember them.

Suddenly she jumps her head back up startling me just a little. She grabs the pencil from my hand and writes down the beginning of the equation. I watch her quietly as she finishes the long problem, mumbling to herself as she puts the pieces together in her mind. She circles the final answer and looks at me excitedly.

"That's it right"? She asks.

I look over to my paper, checking her work and answer. She watches me anxious, as I smile.

"Perfect". I tell her

"Really?" She gawks, eyes sparkling bright at me.

I nod my head slightly, getting lost in her expression.

I'm still leaning over her as she looks back down to her paper and back at me. I start reading the next question but I feel she's not listening so I stop, she's only looking at me.

"You smell good". She tells me.

Shit.

I look at her silently and I feel my face heat up, creeping up my cheeks to my ears. She leans closer.

"Are you wearing cologne?" She asks innocently, obviously oblivious to how she's making me feel.

"Uh- yeah". I scratch the back of my neck.

"I like it!" She tells me, and I blush harder looking away from her face.

"T-thanks". I mumble.

She looks at me confused, and giggles slightly to herself.

No ones really ever said that to me.

No- fuck— focus Kyle.

I sit back down on my chair and try to explain the concept again. She wrinkles her features and squints her eyes trying to see my paper. I move it closer to her but she shakes her head and scoots her chair right next to mine. She smiles at me.

Wow, she's close.

I clear my throat and try again, for the third time, to read the problem. When she takes my hat off my head, quickly placing it on her own.

I look at her in my hat. Mind racing a hundred miles per second. I can't really understand what's it's telling me though. She continues her goofy grin at me and my mind goes blank.

Oh. God.

Give me strength, my Jewish ancestors.

"You not paying attention". I tell her.

" 'Cause this is boring as fuck". She accentuates the "ck" in her wording.

I chuckle and shake my head at her.