Deadreign

"Holy shit! You kicked him in the balls?" Stan drops his jaw to the floor, laughing maybe a little to hard.

"I thought he was an intruder! And I was literally naked.. god!" She whines in her hands, thoroughly embarrassed. "It was bad."

Stans just laughs, the thought of her kicking him is funny, it serves him right. He shouldn't get to go around getting her to swoon in the middle of the night. At least, not unless the rest of them get to as well. His thoughts go quiet as he's hit with the reality of the situation though, he definitely saw her— like that. And he didn't tell anyone.

The first time she met Mysterion, Kenny went on and on about it. Bragging and rubbing it in their faces, apparently Kenny and Mysterion had a very interesting night with her. What was different about this? Why didn't he say anything? Why-

"Something about him... was so familiar." She shakes her head and looks to him. "Like I knew him." She looks down to her hands.

..That's why, because she's beginning to figure him out.

"Has anyone— figured out his identity yet?" She asks.

"Fuck". He thinks to himself.

"I don't think so?" Stan says, but it comes out more like a question.

"Way to be cool dumbass". He internally rolls his eyes at himself.

"Oh.." She sighs, disappointment apparent on her tongue.

"Maybe.. I should just drop it?" She thinks.

It's quiet for a while, none of them knowing what to say next.

"Have you ever seen him?" She looks up into his eyes, sparking in her own. Trying to hide her excitement at the possibility of figuring out the hero's identity, but failing miserably. 

"Not for a many years". He shakes his head, devastated at the look in her eyes as her face dims and he stomps on her dreams.

"Why do you wanna know so bad? It could put you in danger." He tells her, stern.

"Just— something he said to me, what he called me".

"What did he say"? Stan clenches his fists.

"Kenny, you fucking idiot".

"He called me, princess." She blushes. "Almost like"- she stops herself.

"Fuck— she's warmer then I thought".

She shrugs, hiding her embarrassment.

"Maybe, it's just a coincidence?" Stan asks.

She turn her head around and gives him the strangest look, alien like, that immediately turns to sadness. Doubtful of herself.

"Maybe.." she breathes. "Yeah, your right". She waves her hand around.

"I'm crazy". She thinks.

Stan feels crushed, he hates to steer her away but it's for her safety. Who knows what would happen if she figured him out.

One things for sure, Stan will definitely be asking about their little encounter later. Maybe for the wrong reasons.

"Oh, right. I'm getting a new phone soon."

"Really?"

"Yeah, maybe then I won't drop by unannounced". She chuckles, but it feels sad.

"I never minded." He thinks.

"You don't have to ask, you know". He puts his hands in his pockets.