"My Dear"

Hours and hours have past in the blink of and eye while it seems to be lost on me, flown from my grasp as my legs go numb on the floor of Cartman's living room.
The boys have been playing this game I surprised them with for so long now, the sun has set and and is now beginning to rise again. Forcing a reality on me that I didn't think could be possible— teenage boys and video games— the end all be all.

Currently I'm sitting on the floor in front of the couch watching Kenny and Kyle fight to the death with their chosen characters. Kenny, the very attractive, physically unattainable body standerd of a woman. And Kyle, the machoest of macho you can get in a man. I think his six pack has six packs. They're mashing buttons, faces strained and concentrated. It's very tense as the battle continues. Or, at lest it would be, if this wasn't the hundredth 'I get to fight the winner next' conversation I've seen today. Not including all of yesterday.

They let me try a couple of times, I lost every turn. Eventually I got fed up and decided I was content with just watching.
Somehow, Kyle emerges victorious as Kenny slams his controller onto the floor. I flinch at the sound, forcing me awake again.

"Hey! Asshole, don't break my shit!" Cartman yells.

Or maybe he didn't. I'm so tired I could be hallucinating all of this right now.
I lean my back against Kyle's legs, yawning into my hands. I lean my head back on his knee to look up at him upside down. Silently begging for help as I fight off sleep.

He chuckles at me, as his eyes fly back to the screen. I pout, sour and bored.

"Aw, I think princess is tired". Kenny looks down at me from next to Kyle, reaching down to pat my head.

"Go home." Cartman scowls as he readies himself for the fight against Kyle, choosing his character and immediately whining when Kyle connects the first hit.

"You've been at this for hours". I sigh. "Maybe it's time for a break— you know, get some actual food".

I scowl down at the numerous bags of chips, sweets and other unholy amounts of junk food sitting all around us.

"I'm on a winning streak!" Kyle defends his position, not even looking down from the television screen.

"Yeah, yeah". I brush myself off as I stand, quickly getting out of the way as Cartman moves his head around trying to ovoid my blocking.

"You're really leaving?" Stan looks over to me while I grab my things at the door.

"Nah, I'm just gonna go grab us some coffee from Tweeks. Maybe get breakfast on the way back." I shrug.

"I- I'll come with!" Stan scrambles up, tripping over wires as he grabs his brown jacket at the door.

I chuckle at him and shake my head.

"What? I wanna go!" Kenny whines as he also stands up.

"No." Stan crosses his arms.

I raise a questioning brow at him and he looks away from me.

Actually, he's been acting quiet off since yesterday. Always wanting to be next to me, while simultaneously avoid my gaze at all costs. It's weird, and my first thought is he might be getting sick. Considering how flushed he is.

"Everyone's welcome". I singsong at the remaining boys on the couch. Trying to bribe them away from that damn game.

"Can't". Cartman speaks, short and void of all emotion.

"Pause it." I cross my arms.

"Can't".

I roll my eyes.