Party Date

"I didn't know you were throwing a party, Tolkien?" I ask the boy.

"No one told you?" Clyde turns to me, a sad look on his face.

"I guess not." I shrug.

"Go with me".

"What?" I chuckle.

"Yeah! Be my date!" Clyde looks excited, like a puppy going on a walk.

"Come on, dude." Craig shakes his head, rubbing his temples.

"Date?" I nearly spit out my drink.

"You don't have to." Craig slides himself closer to me.

"Why not? I asked first! You think she would rather go with you"? Clyde scoffs, like it's impossible.

"Yes." Craig says, looking straight faced and completely serious. Not embarrassed at all.

"What?" I turn to Craig this time.

He only looks at me, the same non expression on his face.

"No way, dude!" Clyde looks like he's about to cry.

"..Why don't we all go together?" I try.

"Because then, It wouldn't be a dat"-

"That's a great idea". Tolkien smiles at me.

I blow air out of my mouth, smiling at him and silently thanking him. He only continues his smile and I can't but admire his dimples.

"Ugh", Clyde groans obviously upset.

I pat his back in comfort, a pity smile on my face.

"At least let me pick you up." He asks me.

"You have a car?" I gawk at him.

"Of course baby! You can ride it anytime." He wiggles his eyebrows at me.

My face goes a deep crimson red, twinged with embarrassment as I take in his innuendo. I widen my eyes at him and the group laughs at my reaction.
I hear Jimmy cackling uncontrollably and I hide my face in my hands. Looking over to Craig, my only voice of reason, for help but even he's shaking his head. Obviously holding in a laugh as well.

I know in this moment even my ears a red as my face burns. It doesn't help when Clyde throws an arm over me either.

I'm dying.

I find myself laughing along with them. Softly and with more then enough embarrassment to last the year, but chuckling nonetheless at the groups lightweight energy.
I always feel lifted when I'm with them. I find comfort in their presence.

Unbeknownst to me, another group is watching our antics as well. Only this groups energy is tight and jealous, heavy as they stare.

~~~~

"What the fuck is so funny?" Cartman watches as the girl shies away from whatever was being said.

"We should stop staring at them, dudes. It's weird". Kyle shakes his head.

"You're weird, Jew." Cartman spits.

"What the fuck?" Kyle recoils, not expecting an outburst.
But when is there ever not an outburst with Cartman.

"Hmm". Kenny sighs in his hood.

They haven't spoken about what happened between them. He knows she's avoiding him, he's not angry at her for it. But it does sadden him some. He knows in his heart he can't handle an interaction with her right now in his state. He'll end up pouncing her, and that wouldn't go over well.
Kenny thinks about the party this Saturday, and wonders if maybe then they can talk. Or at least be able to look at each other by then.
He doesn't regret what happened, and he knows she doesn't either. She just doesn't know what to think about it.
Whether it meant something or not, whether this makes them something or not, Kenny would kill for another opportunity.