It's Always Something

I don't exactly know how I find myself in these situations, just that they seem to happen so often I'm starting to expect them.

I turn to take my leave when the door swings open. Inwards steps Tweek's father, the owner of the coffee shop and also the the man staring me down as I trespass on his property.

"Tweek?" Is all he says as his dark eyes flicker between me and Tweek.

"GAH! D-dad! She"-

"I-I'm sorry Mr. Tweak!" I stutter out. "I just, I spilled my coffee all over myself and needed somewhere to change."

"And you didn't choose the bathroom, alone?" He raises a tired eyebrow at me.

"I"-

Tweek's dad cuts me off as he speaks again through a sigh, he flattens out his eyebrows with his fingers. "Tweek, if you're going to bring your girlfriends back here, let it be after your shift".

He takes one last look at me before he walks out of the door. "I'm sorry about your shirt." He points to the dirtied fabric on the floor and then he's gone.

I blink at the swinging door as it closes, completely stunned by this interaction.

That was way easier then I expected..

I slowly turn around to face Tweek but I'm immediately stunned by his reaction. Whatever rebuttal I had on my tongue completely faded.
He's bright red, redder then I've ever seen him. I can practically feel the heat radiating off his skin as I stand so close. He looks lost, eyes wide and completely empty as I snap in front of him.

"Tweek?" I try.

"G-g-girlfriend! Girlfriend?" He repeats the words over and over as if trying to make them sound different. Like he's somehow going to change the definition if he thinks about it hard enough.

"Dude, are you okay?" I nudge him with my fist.

Tweek looks at me and blinks, before turning away and walking right out the door. I try to follow him but by the time I get outside, he's already helping a customer. He looks like nothing had just happened, and I wonder if he's okay.

Question upon questions cloud my brain before I'm pulled back into the world by the sound of a high pitched whistle. It's rings in my ears and snaps my attention back to the reason I was in the coffee shop in the first place.

What the hell just happened?

I slowly walk over to my group and sit down in the chair next to Tolkien. I look up at the group and they smile at me, sliding over a fresh, cold coffee to my side.

"Jimmy bought it". Tolkien whispers into my ear. Apparently my confused expression wasn't just on the inside.

I smile at the cup in my hands, before moving my appreciation over to Jimmy. He snickers to himself and winks at me, I can't help but chuckle back.

The boys and I continue to talk the next couple minutes away, I'm rambling about something that happened in my chemistry class today when I catch Craig's expression in my peripheral. Slowly, my sentences get smaller, while my voice gets lower as Craig types meaninglessly on his phone— completely bored and bordering on real annoyance. He's not paying attention to a single thing happening at the table, while the scowl in his eyebrows shows proud.

I decide to cut my story short, the boys groaning and complaining about their own experience and keeping themselves busy. They fade into the background as I look ahead of me, sitting across from Craig's tense shoulders.
I don't think I've ever seen him so upset, though from a far you wouldn't be able to tell he was feeling anything at all. I suppose in the time I've known him, I've grown to understand him better then anyone.

I cautiously pull out my phone, making sure to look up and laugh every now and then to ovoid suspicion. I send a text to Craig hopeful I can get the boy to lift that scowl.

Me: hey

I don't look up from my phone, but I see him slightly jump and raise an eyebrow at me. He seems to realize I'm not going to actually talk to him so he responds accordingly.

Craig: ?

Me: you ok?

Craig: yup.

I sigh and look up at him, lowering my eyebrows and pouting.
I swear I saw the corners of his mouth twitch into a soft smile, but I can't be sure as he's frowning again.

Craig: don't worry about it.

Me: To late. Worried.

Craig: :|
              It's stupid

Me: prob.

I feel him chuckle from the other side of the table, he wipes the smile off his face and continues to type.
I watch him take a deep breath.

Craig: I was going to buy your coffee. Then Tweek did. I was gonna help with your shirt, then Tweek did. :|

Me: you're upset because you couldn't help me?

Craig: no

I look up at him, raising an eyebrow. He sighs again and rolls his eyes, before spelling it out for me.

Craig: Tweek got to u first
              I don't like the way he blushes around you