The Second Revelation

"Stop!" I scream, panting as my legs give out on me, stopping dead in my tracks before falling to the ground in some patch of dirt on the outskirts of the forest.

To my surprise, he falls down with me and wraps me into a warm hug, big and strong. It takes me a second to let the air back into my lungs as he crushes them and I feel the sobs bubbling up again. I can't bring myself to hug him back for a while, angry and incredibly confused, before I finally give in. I close the distance between us as we lean on each other's shoulders.

I ugly cry at him, so damn relieved, so damn confused, so incredibly torn I don't know what I should say next. My brain isn't processing any of this, as it shut down at the bus stop ten minutes ago.

After an excruciatingly long amount of silence from him, and to much crying from me, Kenny pulls away. Sliding his rough hands up to my cheeks and holding it there. He brushes away my tears as I look at him, maybe some forming I'm his eyes as well. Though, he would never admit it.

"What the fuck is going on"? I shout at him, voice going horse.

"You remember!" He shouts back.

"What"? I gawk.

"I died."

"I know!"

"And— you remember it?" He asks, a wary look in his brown eyes.

"Kenny, you're fucking freaking me out! H-how is this— how are you real"? I almost whisper my final words, like he'll disappear the minute I remind him he did in fact bleed out on that street.

"I can't die". He tells me, fully sincere.

"Kenny"- I push his hands away from me rolling my eyes.

"No— I'm serious, I can't die. I'm cursed!"

I stay silent, praying he continues or I'll actually lose my mind.

"My parents, they did some weird shit as teenagers". He shakes his head. "They we're in a cult, they worshiped Cthulhu".

"And"-

"And now, I'm cursed to be immortal".

I put my head in my hands, trying to absorb all the information that's just been thrown at me. My best friend, died. But then he came back to life— and it's all because— he can't die?

"No, I watch you die". I shake my head looking down to the floor, answering my own thoughts out loud.

This isn't real. This isn't happening.

"Everything time I 'die' I wake up in my bed the next day, like nothing happened".

"And no one remembers." I finish for him, looking up to meet his gaze.

"But you do."

I'm quite before I speak again.
"I'm— the only one?"

"Yes".

"But the guys"-

"Never remember".

"Your family!"-

"Never. Remember". He repeats.

Suddenly the whole thing makes sense, in a weird nonsensical way. The reason my mother never believed me, the way the guys seemed to be fine. The way I was the only one effected.

"No one knows". I state, my breathing picking up slightly.

"Never have". He runs a hand through his dirty blonde locks.

"I'm, so sorry Kenny". I hold his cheek in my palm, furrowing my eyebrows. "I remember— I morned! For days!"

"I had no idea you could remember! Or I would have said something sooner, honest". He grabs my hands.