A Lucky Man

"Are you fucking stupid?" Cartman spits, knocking himself out of Kyle's grasp.

Kyle tries to hold him back as Cartman walks over to me, fuming. I stand my ground, not giving him the satisfaction of reacting. He bucks Kyle off and points a finger in my face.

"We had her, she was over!" He rages. "Why the fuck would you throw that away? You've fucked us, me!" He turns around to the boys and holds his arms out.

"She fucked us, everyone."

I roll my eyes.

"Actually— I think she did the right thing." Tolkien hugs his arm and looks away from me.

I smile at him, and he catches my eye for just a moment.

"Agreed." Kyle crosses his arms.

He smiles at me and I return it. I watch as his face reddens slightly and chuckle under my breath.

"Mmh". Kenny nods. He winks at me, I return it gracefully.

"We had our opening! Are we really going to walk the halls with that monster in three weeks?" Cartman scoffs. "Fuck. You, new kid".

"Cartman"-

"I agree with Cartman!" Clyde yells from the back.

I widen my eyes at him.

"N-not the 'fuck you' part of course- well, I mean"- he sighs. "Why did you do that? Is what I mean." He walks up to the front, looking me in the eyes.

I sigh and look to the floor, trying to find the words. I turn to Cartman and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you, for your help, Eric."

"You're not welcome"-

I shut him up as I wrap my arms around him, forcing him into a hug he can't escape. I feel him freeze under me, and when I pull away he's beet red.

I turn to the others.

"Thank you all." I giggle.

They all look at me, mouths agape and speechless.

"I realized in there, that if I punish her— because I'm bitter and mad— I'm no better then her." I sigh again.
"I am better".

Clyde walks up to me, he looks at me for a long moment— sad and flashing his puppy dog eyes.
He throws his arms around me and sobs into my shoulder. I hold him the same and place one hand on his head.

"That was beautiful". He sniffles.

"Jesus, Clyde". The boys roll their eyes at him.

"Get ahold of yourself, dude". Craig mumbles.

I giggle at him, and pat his back in comfort. He pulls away and looks at me again— I smile. He hugs me again and the boys have to force him off me.

                      ____________________
After things have subsided, the boys and I walk out of the school. The setting sun looks more beautiful today then ever, as it shines down on me, washing everything away. The birds chirp in the trees and I smile to myself.

I'm free...

"H-hey Newbie". Jimmy looks over to me.

"Yeah?"

"What's r-r-red and bad for y-your teeth?"

I chuckle at him.
"What?" I ask confused.

"W-w-what's r-red and bad for your t-teeth?"