Like, like

Kenny comes back into my room, hair dripping wet. He relaxes into my bed, next to where I lay. I showed a while ago, and I told him he could use mine as well. He was very excited for warm water.

"Dude, you're gonna get water everywhere." I tell him, retrieving a white towel from the floor.

He sits up and drops his head down, waiting for me to dry his hair. I roll my eyes and throw the towel at him instead. He pouts at me.

"Dry your hair".

He does as he's asked and lays back down. I giggle at him.

"What?" He asks me, raising his brow.

"Nothing".

"What?" He turns his whole body towards me.

"You smell like flowers". I laugh out loud. He obviously used my body scrub.

"Thanks!" He puts his hands behind his head. Not embarrassed at all.

I laugh.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I ask him.

He agrees and I get up to pull out my laptop. We scour my steaming services, looking for something to watch, when we decide on some zombie gore fest that just came out. It's pretty gross, but not very scary. Lots of action and fight scenes with dumb CGI moments that look awful, we laugh anyway.

I suggest popcorn and he very excitedly agrees. He follows me down stairs and we tip toe in the darkness, not wanting to wake my mother up. We whisper to each other, giggling so hard we cry, over nothing and everything at the same time, standing in the middle of the kitchen. I catch the microwave right as it's about to go off and we sigh relieved. It's passed ten, so my mom would be livid if she found us. In the back of my mind I know I'm going to be exhausted tomorrow, but when am I not?

I shake my head as we walk back upstairs, big bowl in hand. We climb over his bed, pillows, and unholy amount of blankets I insisted he has, afraid he'll freeze in the middle of the night like I do. We settle in my bed, popcorn between us forcing a barrier, more so for him then anything. Still, he gets as close as possible. I won't lie, it's nice to have the company, so I don't mind how clingy he is behind closed doors as much as I pretend I do.

We continue the movie, laughing at the dumb parts, while fully invested in the serious ones. I find myself exhausted by the end of it, falling asleep as the credits roll.

=====
The credits roll of the movie we're watching, but she doesn't say anything. So I look over at her, only to find she's fast asleep. I smile to myself as I look over her.

I quietly close her laptop, and set it aside. Moving the finished bowl of popcorn away as well. I hate to admit it, but I don't want to sleep on the other bed. She looks so comfortable as she sleeps, peaceful. I want to wrap her up in my arms, and drift with her. But I shouldn't, I know that. I have this urge to protect her, like I should keep her close and never let her go. She's over that day in the bathroom, but I'm not. I feel guilty, I should have been there, Mysterion- should have been there. I'll never forgive myself for leaving that day.

I sigh and move to the other bed, it's squeaks as I sit on it. It's comfortable though, I've slept on worse that's for sure. I'm grateful for her, she has no idea.

I stare at the ceiling as I think to myself. The guys are going to kill me tomorrow, I know it. Them and their stupid pact. Kyle probably made that shit up to make himself feel better, I see the way they look at her. I see everything.

I look over to her again, as she sleeps. I sigh.

Whatever.

We'll see how this plays out.
=====
       __________________________