Revenge Body

~~~~
The sky has darkened by now, and all the boy have gone home. Except Kyle and Stan who decided to take the party to Kyle's house. Before they'd gone, they had asked her if she wanted to go with, she shook her head as she walked upstairs. Kyle followed her up as his insides twisted as knotted together. They sit on the bed together as silent possessing washes over them.

"How are you feeling"? Kyle had asked her.

She only shrugged.

"Better now, I guess".

Kyle didn't believe that as he scans her face. Dark bags and irritated eyes curse her once lively features. She just looks exhausted.

He tucked her into bed and shut the lights off, sitting again next to her body, tangled in bedsheets and blankets. Kyle didn't say anything, but he didn't have to. She knew. They boys were there for her, and they always would be.

"I'm not scared of Wendy". Kyle said in the darkness of her room, reaching out to play with her hair as she falls asleep.

"You should be." Is all she said before closing her eyes.

He sat there, with her like that for a while, as she drifted. Not wanting to leave until she was safely pulled away by her dreams. As her breathing slowed and her body relaxed, he softly caresses the side of her cheek, brushing ever so slightly against her soft, cold skin.

After that the two went over to Kyle's house. They walked up to his room and sat on the bed with heavy sighs, that carried more then just concern.

"That was awful".

"Devastating". Stan added.

"On her first day too.."

"It's my fault". Stan looked down.

"Dude, you had no idea"-

"But, I did! I knew something was up. I should have pushed her harder- I should've said something"-

"Stan, it's okay." Kyle looked over at him compassionately. "She's fine. We figured it out."

"Yeah, but now we're a fucking couple". Stan put his head in his hands.

Kyle just went quiet. Not even sure what to say to that. He was trying not to think about it.

It made his insides burn as he looked over to Stan, he should understand this feeling. He doesn't, he's never felt it before. Sure, he's dating girls, and he's seen Stan date his fair share, but he'd never felt anything so intense. He chocked it up to, just wanting to protect her, as a friend. He likes all his friends, he thinks, And she's no different. As a friend. Maybe it's because she's a girl. In his mind, that made her special. He lets go of those thoughts though as he speaks again.

"I guess that's the pact broken". He tells Stan.

"Not really, I mean it's still on. None of us like her, she's a friend. We're not really together".

For some reason, Kyle feels lighter as he says that to him.

"It's just for a while, after that, it's back to normal". Stan reminds him.

"Yeah, your right".

"None of us like her".

The words kind of bounce off the room.

Stan looks at his hands, at how he had held her in his lap for so long. As she shook and cried. He felt a sense of pride, but he didn't know why. He'd made a friend feel better, he figured. That's all it was. He was nervous though, how was he supposed to act around her outside. The way he acted with Wendy, he supposed. His feelings for Wendy were gone a long time ago, but something else burn in the way now. He was angry, pissed at her. Hatred.