💟 |Mycroft Holmes| 19 + 28

Requested By: Hoseki_Necrovona

Tag/s: Established Relationship, Angst (If you use a magnifying glass) to Fluff

Warning/s: Slight Manga Spoilers?

Guide:
(Y/N): Your First Name

2nd Person's POV

"Oh!" you exclaimed, seeing Charles cooing and pecking at your window.

"Good morning, Charles," you smiled, opening the window as the pigeon hopped in.

"Hardworking as ever, I see," you chuckled, rubbing the pigeon's head as you took the letter he had.

Dear (Y/N),

Good morning, my darling.

Unfortunately, there are complications back here in the royal palace. I might not be able to go home today. I hope you understand.

From,

Mycroft Holmes

"He's out again, huh...?" you smiled in disappointment, making Charles tilt his head curiously.

"Your owner sure is busy," you reassured, taking out a pen and paper.

"Well, whatever. We can celebrate Valentine's some other day," you smiled, writing a reply to your lover.

'Since I have nothing to do, might as well go around town,'

"Mmm!" you exclaimed, the cake enveloping your mouth in sweet bliss.

"I'll take three,"

"Understood!" the clerk smiled as she prepared your order.

"(Y/N)-chan?" you turned your head to the voice and saw a couple of familiar faces.

"Sherly! Dr. Watson!"

"How's my idiotic big brother?"

"Sherlock!" John scolded, making you chuckle.

"He's working late today," you answered, sipping your tea.

"Aren't you going to celebrate Valentine's Day together?"

"We will, but not today," you smiled, setting down your cup.

"The royal palace has been busy. With all the scandals and rumors circulating, I'm surprised Myckey still writes to me every day," you joked but only saw a worried look from John and an annoyed expression from Sherlock.

"I-Its not a big deal, really!" you reassured, "I already know what I was getting into when Mycroft courted me," you added with a smile.

"Im surprised he even asked me out," you chuckled nervously, making Sherlock sigh.

"Give yourself some credit, (Y/N)-chan," Sherlock reminded as he ruffled your hair.

"Trust me, that man adores you with every fiber of his being,"

"I'm home..." you announced as you locked the front door, wanting nothing more than to end the day with a goodnight's rest.

"Welcome home," a familiar voice greeted, making you pause.

You quickly turned around and saw Mycroft organizing a stack of gifts.

"Happy Valentine's Day," he grinned, making you gasp as your feet started moving on their own.

"Myckey!" you shouted as you ran up to him, tackling him into a hug.

"I missed you too," he chuckled as you hugged him tightly, tears forming under your eyes.

"I thought you couldn't go home today?" you asked, sniffing as you wiped your eyes.

"I only said I might not be able to come home. That's why I took the earliest train back," Mycroft clarified as he rested his head on yours.

"That's good to hear..." you whispered, feeling a heavy weight in your chest being lifted up.

"Good work," you giggled as your tears kept falling, making Mycroft frown.

"I truly am sorry I couldn't come home sooner," he apologized softly, making you shake your head.

" I know... I just thought you wouldn't be home today and forgot what day it is today..." you giggled with a sniff.

Mycroft paused as he gently held your cheek, his thumb wiping your tears.

"(Y/N), I'd never forget Valentine's Day. Let alone make you spend it alone," he reassured, making you chuckle.

"Yeah, I can see," you chuckled, looking at the mountain of gifts behind him.

"Couldn't pick a gift?" you teased, making him playfully shake his head.

"Not exactly," Mycroft answered, rummaging through the gifts.

You raised a brow as you saw him stand up with a ring box in hand.

"There's one gift I have been waiting to give you,"

85