💟 |Louis James Moriarty| Confession time

A/N: The reader is Sherlock and Mycroft's youngest sister. AND I'M DONE WITH VALENTINE'S FINALLY! Now for the Halloween event and the 30+ requests I have left :-)

Requested By: Nisshoku94

Tag/s: Holmes!Fem!Reader

2nd Person's POV

"How dreadfully boring..." you sighed, leaning to the wall as you took another sip of wine, your eyes scanning the ballroom for something interesting.

Suddenly, a familiar shade of blond and glasses walked in, and your eyes lit up in interest.

"No way...!" you breathed out with a smile, stepping through the crowd and straight to the man.

"Mister Moriarty," you called out, making the man turn to you.

"Such a pleasure seeing you again," you courteously bowed with a smile while the man had a permanent scowl.

"Miss Holmes..." he greeted back, doing a short bow.

"I never thought I'd see you in a social event like this," you mused, a playful smile on your lips.

"Yes, well... My brothers wanted me to attend," he sighed, his eyes averting from you.

You raised a brow, "Are they here?" you questioned, not remembering spotting any of the two.

"No. Both of them are busy, but this is still an important social event," Louis answered, fixing his suit.

"So, I will bid you a good day," he smiled, venom seeping through as he excused himself.

"Aww, come on, Lou!" you giggled, following the man,

"Don't be so cold!"

For the rest of the night, you followed Louis, trying to start a conversation while he avoided you the best he could.

"You're really not much of a talker, are you, Lou?" you mused, following Louis as you looked around the floor.

"Miss Holmes," he muttered, sharply turning to you.

"May I ask why you follow me like a lost puppy?" he questioned, an aura of fire surrounding him.

"Surely there's something for you to do this evening,"

"Nope," you shook your head, "Like you, I'm just here for appearances." you shrugged, looking at the dance floor.

"This evening would have been an absolute snoozefest if you didn't arrive," you admitted, making him pause.

"What are you saying...?" he narrowed his eyes at you, making you smile.

"I'm saying..." you stepped closer to him, and he stepped back, "...that I'm glad you're in this dance with me," you genuinely answered, making him stumble.

"...What are you playing at, Holmes?" he asked, making you breathe out a smile.

"I'm not playing, Louis," you reassured, chuckling a little.

"Is it that unbelievable that I like spending time with you?" you asked, confusing him even more.

"But if you wish me gone that much, I won't force you to keep me company," you reassured, stepping back.

"Have a good evening, Mister Moriarty," you smiled with a bow, walking away.

"Wait," Louis called out, grabbing your wrist.

You looked back and saw his face completely red, catching you by surprise.

"...I apologize for my sour attitude," he coughed, fixing his glasses, "That is not how you should treat a lady... Even if it's you,"

"Pfft," you quickly held in your mouth and stomach, but your laugh overpowered you.

Louis stared at you in shock as your laugh echoed through the hall, catching everyone's attention.

"Miss Holmes..." Louis warned, calming you down.

"Sorry... I... I wasn't expecting an apology..." you snickered, using your fan to hide your face.

Louis sighed as he waited for you to calm down, letting you fix yourself.

"I knew it," you chuckled, looking up at Louis, "I'm truly glad I met you. Louis James Moriarty," you confessed, smiling at him.

Louis' eyes widened as he stepped back, caught off guard by your genuine smile.

"...How cunning..." Louis muttered under his breath, looking away as he fixed his glasses.

"What?"

"I said that makes one of us,"

107