💟 |Albert James Moriarty| "Oh god... Why are you here?"

A/N: Valentines who? Romance where?

Warnings/s: Death, Blood, Mentions of Abuse

Tag/s: Angst

Guide:
(Y/N): Your First Name

2nd Person's POV

'I need to get out of here...!' you chanted in your head as you hastily grabbed your suitcase, rushing out of the hotel.

Ever since the news of your parents dying from a heart attack reached you, you knew someone was behind it.

The only evidence you had was your memory of the terrified screams they had the night of their death. You were supposed to be out at a party but decided to go home instead.

Instead of resting on your warm bed, you stood by the front doors as you heard gunshots inside as blood tainted the windows, making your legs run away in fear.

You ran back to the party, locking yourself in one of the guest rooms and pretending to be asleep like it was just a horrible nightmare.

Even at the funeral, you could feel the pitiful looks and malicious gaze of everyone around you as you processed what was happening.

But as twisted as it is, you felt a weight get off your chest as they were lowered six feet under.

No more hiding bruises under your clothes and makeup or dreading when the sun sets as you hid in the maid's quarters. Hoping they wouldn't find you.

You were free. And you hated how pleased you felt.

"(Y/N)...?" a soft voice called out, snapping you back to reality.

"Albert..." you whispered in a shaky breath, "Sorry, I guess I'm just out of it..." you nervously laughed, making him frown.

He held his hand out to you, making you furrow your brows and carefully place your hand in his.

Albert held your hand firmly, giving it a firm squeeze.

"Don't worry, I promise no one will ever hurt you..."

And he did keep his promise.

You stayed with your grandparents in the country after the funeral and kept in touch with Albert through letters.

Through his words, you knew he genuinely cared about you. He was the only one who stayed by your side when no one did. Whenever you felt alone, he was there to keep you company.

Slowly, you fell in love with him.

You couldn't ask for more...

But there was still that gnawing feeling of your parent's death, knowing it was all staged.

You continued to dig into their deaths, wanting to know who did it.

What didn't prepare you was your search leading back to the Moriarty manor years later.

You always knew you would go back home... to him.

You planned on surprising them with a visit, maybe spending Valentine's with him if the fates allowed. But not because of you accusing Albert of your parents' murder.

"Please... Don't let it be him..." you pleaded, but you found what you were looking for.

Undeniable proof that the Moriartys were behind your parent's murder.

You knew they were very reserved, but it never crossed your mind that it was because of unspeakable crimes.

You rushed back to the hotel you were staying in for your visit, barely lasting the day you checked in.

"Was there a problem with your room?"

"No, no... it's not the room... Thank you for your hospitality," you answered the manager as you rushed out the doors.

Before you could call a taxi, you felt your throat close as you saw Albert with his two brothers behind him.

'Oh, god...' you gulped as you kept your eyes on the three and gripped your suitcase.

Albert's face was sullen, but his brothers' expressions were resolute.

You tightened your jaw as you kept your stand.

You didn't know what emotion was bubbling inside of you. Anger? Embarrassment? Disgust? But you now know not to trust him anymore.

"...Why are you here?"

87