Read the room

Notes: Karen finds out the tests results from Nikki's doctors appointment.

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of abortion.

It was a Wednesday, afternoon and Karen and Nikki had been at Nikki's doctors appointment at some time now. She had taken the test last week and now that the tests results were back in the were supposed to be getting them today and needless to say the both of them were nervous.

Drew had dropped the two off knowing that the appointment was going to take a while if anything had come up with it. But knowing Nikki she had hoped and prayed to God that she wasn't pregnant because honestly had no other memory of what happened to her with that boy who she had a crush on and then immediately stopped crushing on him as soon as he started taunting her.

But while they were both sitting down, Nikki was silently thinking to herself that she was a failure and how God had to be punishing her for disrespecting her mother so badly before she knew it was her mother. Nikki had tried to turn over a new leaf and had stopped drinking for a good while now. But when she had did that it only seemed as if things had gotten worser and not better.

And she had been thinking about breaking her sobriety but she knew she couldn't do that. She had worked to hard too get clean and she wasn't about to mess it up now especially if she was pregnant. But not only that she was seeing and watching how much trouble her mother was having with her unborn siblings due to the drugs that Karen had taken earlier on in the pregnancy. Karen did go to the doctor to check on the updates of the twins but there really wasn't any updates. It was as if the development in the twins were stagnant which meant that their growth was basically stunted. Now the doctors had to watch Karen's pregnancy more closely than before which scared her.

And at times, Karen did heavily blame herself for that but she did also realize that she was never really in the right state of mind to even get pregnant again especially while her programming was still going on. But her and Drew just couldn't help themselves and now here she was six months pregnant with a set of twins who may not even be alive and the thought had worried her to no end.

But she had to pull herself together for just this one day to focus on getting help for Nikki. Which Karen did also blame herself for because it was as if she had started this cycle and now it wasn't about to be stopped no matter how hard she had tried to prevent it. But it wasn't her fault and Dr.Womack was trying to get Karen to understand that during her private sessions with her.

Now 30 minutes later the doctors finally called, Nikki to the back and Karen went with her after Nikki had to gently help her mother up.

"Whatever happens it's still gonna be okay." Karen said while gently rubbing her daughters back trying to comfort her and Nikki just nodded her head okay.

Now that they had made it to the room the nurse had done the initial greeting and set up and they waited for the doctor to come into the room to tell them the news.

When the doctor finally came into the room and talked to them it was like all the air had been sucked out and their throats were dry because of how nervous they were.

"You're pregnant." The doctor said just ripping the band-aid off reading the energy in the room and matching it since they couldn't seem to take anymore suspense.

Then the news was a shock for them especially when he said the months and so, he gave them time to process what had just been said and Karen knew that she couldn't have a break down right then and there because she knew that she had to pull herself together for her daughter.

Once the doctor had talked to them well mainly, Karen since she was the only one that was responding because Nikki had mentally checked out and didn't know what she was going to do.