Things are good

Notes: Drew and the kids finds out about Karen's job while Karen find out about who her assigned patients daughter was.

Side note: I can't believe I gave y'all some fluff on this fine Sunday evening cause y'all are gonna need it. Anyways thank KasiAka20
for this idea of the family finding out and her helping and being assigned to Ms.Tyson.😭

TRIGGER WARNING: Shooting, Blood, mentions of graveyards.

It was a couple of days later and Karen was getting ready for work. She had got her scrubs earlier on during the week and had always worn a jacket over it just in case as well as to kinda hide the fact that she was going to work just in case if someone had decided to wake up early.

Which concerned her because today when she did wake up for work Drew wasn't by her side and she thought she had overslept seeing that she was now getting up earlier than him.

But then she didn't hear anything when she had went into the bathroom to get ready and she didn't really hear anything downstairs.

So, she thought that Drew probably had to make an early morning run to the church for something without going out of her room to fully check.

When she was finally done and had her scrubs on with her name tag and ID badge snapped onto the right side of shirt pocket while she held her jacket in her hands walking out of the room and downstairs into the kitchen only to see Drew already up with the babies while Nikki and Faith was getting ready for school.

"Baby where you goin'?" Drew asked his wife as he turned around and Karen had thought about runnin' for a quick second once she had seen him in the kitchen with his back turned but she knew there wouldn't be no use in trying since he had a tendency to run after her. So, now she guessed it was time to tell him the truth about where she was actually going all these early mornings and getting off around 7pm.

"Uhhhh." Karen said as if she was stuck looking down at her scrubs and then to the floor and then to the wall that was at the side of her.

And so, Drew just saw her ID badge and read it and started smiling.

And, Karen didn't know what his reaction was gonna be.

"You got a job?" Drew asked his wife being very proud of his wife.

"Uhhhh yeahhh." Karen awkwardly said not knowing how to respond to him now that he had found out and she didn't realize that he was actually happy for her even though he had showed it on his face. "Come heree why didn't you tell me?' He asked her just wantin to know but Karen just shrugged her shoulders even though she did thought about the answer beforehand. But now that the time was actually here she didn't know what to say as she nervously bit her lip.

"I-" Karen said trying to find the words that she had rehearsed but her mind was drawing a blank on her because she was so nervous.

"I mean I just wanted to see if I could actually keep the job first before telling anyone." Karen said shrugging her shoulders again but that was really her honest answer for not telling them.

"So, how long have you had this job for?" He asked her still smiling at her.

"About a couple of weeks now almost a month." Karen said looking down at the ground again expecting for Drew to blow up because she didn't tell him anything. But he didn't do that her old expectations were coming from how Big J's reactions was to hers whenever she had hid stuff from him. But whenever she would tell him the truth it would always be worser than hiding it. So, she was still kind of operating off of that even though she wasn't programmed anymore.