Jailbirds...

Notes: Dorinda gets a call from the prison a few weeks later and tells her siblings about it and we get to see what happened in jail with Elbert and Greg.

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of sexual assault and child abuse.

It was a few weeks after the family had gone back to therapy and Dorinda had gotten a collect phone call from the county prison. "Lawddd Jesus these people keep callin' my phone." Dorinda said already knowing who it was as she answered it again for the umpteenth time.

"Hello?!" Dorinda said with an annoyed voice while rolling her eyes at them over the phone.

"Hello, Mrs.Cole?!" One of the correctional officers said.

"Mrs.WHO?!" Dorinda asked them catching an attitude with them.

"We go through this every other week since this man has been in prison and I keep telling y'all and I told his lawyer that I beennnn divorced that buffoon!" Dorinda said rolling her neck while putting a hand on her hip.

"My name is Ms.Clark so, please come correct before I hang up this phone. We go through this all the time and I'm tired of y'all. And if y'all don't stop harassing me about that man I'm a get the top dogs involved to put a stop too it or I'm a just end up suing the police department itself!" Dorinda said not playing with them and then the police officer cleared his throat correcting himself.

"I'm sorry, Ms.Clark but we tried calling Mr.Cole's other relatives and they aren't even answering their phones and you're his ex-wife of who he still has on file and he had yet to change his status from married to single." He told her. "Well tell that fool I said to change it." Dorinda told him.

"Because I know that it's already been put into the system and I just know that y'all can't follow directions." Karen told him.

"I'll pass the message onto him. But I only called to let you know that he is in some serious trouble here at the prison and we have to move him to solitary confinement for his own safety." The officer said.

"That's good for him but what that gots to do with me remember I divorced his black asssss?!" Dorinda said rolling her neck ova the phone.

"I don't give a flying fawk where he gets sent too and don't you call my phone no mo' about him let the prison handle him after how he treated my baby sister screw him and DON'T YOU CALL ME NO MO ABOUT HIM EITHER I DON'T CAREEE!"

Dorinda yelled at them.

"But ma'am who are we supposed to go too if something happens to him?!" He gently asked her.

"Hell if I know turn him over to the state because I don't want nothing to do with him no more and I'm NOT SAYING it again. He's supposed to have life insurance on his butt but if he don't that's too damn bad and stop CALLIN' THIS PHONE NUMBER!" Dorinda said hanging on them again.

"Who was that?!" Denise asked her little sister.

"Greg keeps telling them peoples to call my damn phone like I'm still his wife or sumthin' I'm not gettin' him out. I'm not fightin' for him to get out he done lost his got damn mind cryin' ova the phone talkin bout sum they gonna get him at night. That ain't my problem he should've never touched my baby sister!" Dorinda said folding her arms with an attitude.

"He been knew what those people in jail do to other inmates who likes to touch on little kids he should've thought about that before he did what he did to Karen!" Dorinda told them.

"I do not care because if something happens to him and he ends up dying in jail mock my words I am NOTTTTT paying for his funeral. He got life insurance but it probably dropped him tho because he got life in prison." Doe said not caring at all.