There's a shift in the atmosphere

Notes: Karen's family finds out about her losing her job and Nikki is starting to prepare to graduate from high school.

It was two months later and Karen was now on bed rest she couldn't wait for these babies to come. But not only that Drew's STI test had came back negative so he was clean and safe to go.

But Karen was also really annoyed with her husband because they hadn't done the deed in a whileeee and now that she was too big she didn't even feel like doing it physically even though mentally she really wanted to. So she was stuck in this position of uncertainty. But not only that her family did find out about her losing her job which they did still support her and tried to encourage her. Karen had wanted to at least try to keep her job for a whole year before losing it.

But Drew told her that God probably had other plans for her because any job that would fire her over not being there for a medical issue that she couldn't control then that wasn't the place for her no way. So, now Karen felt as if she was back at square one with trying to get a new job.

But she was at least glad that she had some work experience underneath her belt even if it was for a short period of time and she was still able to get her last paycheck from that job.

But her being at home meant that she was now able to look after her own babies again with not having to drop them off at daycare or without Gia having to watch over them which she didn't mind doing. But sometimes she just needed a break as well. However, Gia did help out Karen from time-to-time since she was at home alone while Faith was in the studio and Nikki was in school preparing to take her last finals of high school.

Speaking of which Nikki have also been looking at colleges to go to whether it was in the city of Detroit, New York, or in California. But she didn't know how to tell her mom that she was looking for schools out of state to go too and she also didn't know if she was gonna be able to pay for the school after looking at their tuition.

When she was looking at the schools tuition she kept going over her portfolio and working on it like crazy because she knew that her portfolio could get her a scholarship or maybe even a full ride scholarship which could pay for everything.

So now since Nikki was preparing to go to college she was staying even later at school to work on her art portfolio after turning one of them in for a grade so her art teacher could look over it.

But not only that her art teacher had been trying to convince Nikki to do this art contest which could also help pay for college since the first prize winner would receive $50,000 either for cash or for their college that they choose to go too.

But knowing Nikki she wasn't entering in the contest at first and so her art teacher had got Dr.Womack involved in trying to convince her to do the contest since half of her art classes were joining and she already had over 200 students from each of her art periods to sign up and she really wanted Nikki to be apart of the contest.

"Nikki your work is good enough to win first place." Her art teacher said going over her portfolio because Nikki was really her star student. "Ehhhh I don't really think I'd be good at it." Nikki said tilting her head after working on her latest art project and her art teacher had eyed her thinking of way to get Nikki to join.

"You know if any student joins and wins it's an extra 30 points to their final grade." Her art teacher said.

"I already have a 105 in here." Nikki said looking at her knowing that she does all the extra credit that she could get and Nikki knew that she didn't really need the 30 points and her teacher was trying to convince her to go.