Am I?

Notes: Karen starts to wonder if she's truly good at anything.

The next day, Karen was now back at home with her family and she wasn't answering any phone calls from her siblings. The only person who she would really talk to is her mother but it would be one-worded conversations coming from Karen.

"Karen you can't keep giving your siblings the silent treatment." Matti told her daughter who was just listening to her over the phone.

"Girl are you listening to me?!" Matti lightly hollered at her knowing that Karen was being hard-headed.

"Yes, mama I'm sorry but y'all really wouldn't let me just throw it away and let it be done with?!" Karen said still not understanding why they needed the clothes when they had the underground shed that she was being held in against her will.

"Because Karen that's definite proof that he did it other than Nikki being the physical evidence in the flesh but you know how the law can be." Matti said reminding her daughter and Karen just frustratedly ran her hair through her hands.

"Fine." Karen said as she was lightly huffing.

She couldn't believe that her mother was actually making sense.

"You can't punish your siblings for what Greg did to you that's not fair Karen especially not when they've changed and they're trying to help you. Don't re-invite that anger back into you." Matti told her and Karen just shook her head okay over the phone hearing her mother being right once again.

"I'm sorry." Karen quietly said feeling like that little girl again. "I know baby it's alright you still trying too. So, we're not mad at ya we just want you to get better okay?" Matti told her and Karen agreed with her mother again.

"Mama love you okay?" Matti told her and Karen just said okay saying that she had loved her mama back.

After that was over Karen just sat in her bed as she had continued thinking about how her siblings were far better off than she was when it had came to their careers. She had always wanted to be like them but she just couldn't compete.

Even when she was younger she always had hope that things were going to get better for her as an adult but those hopes had turned into failures.

She couldn't even do the basic thing which was go to school like everyone else did and that had started to make her feel bad again.

So, she just took some time for a moment to think about what she was good at but it was hard for her. She was so sure that she didn't have any qualifiable skill sets that could at least get her a decent paying job.

"I'll never be anything." Karen said to herself out loud shaking her head seeing how at least her two oldest daughters were making it.

"I can't even get my GED without struggling." Karen said hating herself for it.

"What do I do?!" Karen asked herself just taking the day to think about what she could do for a living since singing was most definitely out of the question now and she was taking a break from getting her GED since her self-confidence was knocked down once again.

But when she couldn't think of anything she just went to sleep knowing that Ki and J.Drew was sleeping in their cribs taking their naps and she had decided to take one right along with them.

It was a few hours later when Drew had finally came home from work and he seen that his wife was asleep and he had went downstairs just to start cooking dinner knowing that Karen was probably exhausted after what Dorinda had told him since she wasn't answering anybody's phone calls after she had left.