Its not fair

Notes: Karen talks to Faith about her telling family business while things take an unexpected turn and Karen thinks about what she had tried to do on her own while still failing at it.

Side note: Karen have some flashbacks in this chapter.

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of sexual assault.

"Faith?!" Karen said knocking on her youngest daughters room door and she had opened it up.

"Yess mama?" Faith said as innocently as she could possibly say because she had seen the look on Karen's face and that was the look Karen always had gave her every time she was about to be in trouble.

"We need to talk." Karen said going into her room backing her daughter up and closing the room door behind her and Faith didn't know what was about to happen.

"Sit down." Karen told her not in the mood to play games with Faith right now.

So, Faith had immediately sat her little tail down.

"Now why are you out here runnin your mouth off to your auntie?" Karen asked her while folding her arms and tilting her head and Faith had just shrugged her shoulders trying to act as if she don't know nothing.

"Faith don't you sit there and lie to me." Karen warned her coming up a little closer to her daughter.

"Fineeee." Faith said finally reluctant to tell her.

"I mean y'all didn't tell me anything about what happened and I don't know I was just asking around so you can't really get mad at me about it." Faith said kind of smartly.

And, Karen just shook her head at her daughter.

"First of all, Faith the only reason why we didn't tell you because we didn't need you getting mixed up in what your sister was mixed up in and second of that was your sisters private business. She wasn't ready to talk about what had happened yet stuff like that is personal and it takes time to talk about and not everybody in your family needs to know about it." Karen told her.

"Oh like how you got with my daddy and decided not to tell anyone about me?!" Faith said making it about her.

"Faith that was different." Karen told her.

"Oh yeah like how you had a couple of miscarriages while you were workinggg." Faith said putting more emphasis on working so her mother could know what she meant.

"Who told you that?!" Karen told her being shocked at this information.

"Oh nobody did it's just you and Grandma Tee don't know when to stop talking." Faith smartly said. "Or did the miscarriage happen because you were on crack and not because Big J would beat you?!" Faith smartly told her.

"You betta look here little girl that was only because of the environment that I was in." Karen said to her. "It's not like I wanted to be pregnant and it's not like I had wanted to be hooked on crack." Karen told her in a whispered and angered voice.

"And I know I might sound like a monster saying this but I'm glad I never had any of his kids before. I'm glad they all miscarried because I didn't even know if it was all his or not. You don't know what it's like to get a train ran on you while you're high as hell or while you're sober. Sometimes I just liked it better when I was blacked out just so I didn't have to remember any thing of what happened." Karen told her.

"It was easier to just be blacked out all the time." Karen told her daughter getting agitated. "But sometimes they don't even like when that happens they like for you to be awake." Karen shaking her head having flashbacks run across her mind. Then one of the flashbacks showed the man who Nikki was currently with. He was the main one that was all over Karen in that train forcing her to do the most unspeakable acts which caused her to throw up after they had all left.