A blasts from the past

Notes: Karen catches Nikki doing the unthinkable and all hell breaks loose.

It was a few weeks later and Karen had started to notice that her daughter had been acting awfully different and she was yet again distancing herself from the family after, Faith had pulled herself back into act right. It was like a pattern that Karen was trying to break. It was as if once, Faith started acting right, Nikki started acting out. She didn't know what it was with her two girls but she was going to get them together and fix it.

Because now at the dinner table when everyone was supposed to be spending family time together, Nikki would be on her phone texting and smiling at her phone screen and Karen would just see her daughter's fingers texting away.

"Nikki put that phone down you're at the dinner table." Karen said lightly scolding her daughter because this was the 3rd time that she had picked back up her phone after Karen had specifically told her "no phones at dinner."

But knowing how Nikki was acting now she didn't really take what her mother said into consideration. But not only that Drew was wondering how Nikki was getting packages delivered to her sent by another address. So, he decided to confront her about it.

"So, what's been going on with you, Nikki?!" Drew asked her and Nikki finally lifted up her head from her phone putting it away because she just had to reply back and that would be her last text sent until she went upstairs to her room again.

"Oh, nothing." Nikki said just shrugging her shoulders and going back to eating as if she wasn't just having a whole another conversation with somebody else.

"Really?!" Drew asked her arching his eyebrow and looking at Nikki who looked back at him as she was now slowly eating her food. "Mmhm." She said swallowing.

"Soooo you know you got some packages right?!" Drew asked her not wanting hide anything from Karen and he also didn't want to have to break up a fight if it was anything inappropriate sent in the box. "Oh?!" Nikki asked trying not to sound as shocked as she was trying to hide the surprised look on her face but it wasn't working and Faith was just silently smirking enjoying her older sister getting talked to thinking that Nikki was about to get in trouble.

"I mean we know you don't have a job to be getting all of those packages so, who's it's from?" Drew asked her even though he had already took a look at the name and knew it didn't come from the school. So, he would know immediately if she was lying or not too him.

"Oh it's from one of my friends." Nikki said quickly making up a lie.

"Girl what friends?!" Faith said remembering that Nikki didn't really have anybody at that school and that made Nikki mad.

"Heyyy I got friends!" Nikki said rolling her neck at her sister.

"Yeah sure you do." Faith said getting underneath her skin again. But Karen was telling Faith to calm down on Nikki before a fight did break out and they hadn't had one in a long time.

"I'm surprised you even got a boyfriend." Faith said thinking that she was letting the cat out the bag.

"A BOYFRIEND?!" Both Drew and Karen said at the same time in disbelief.

"Since, when?!" Karen asked her daughter dropping her fork on the table in shock.

"Y'all sound so surprised." Nikki said a tad bit hurt by their reaction.

"And I don't have a boyfriend just for your information!" Nikki said towards Faith rolling her eyes at her.

"Always nosy and always wrong." Nikki said shaking her head and folding her arms up at the table.