Court Case Day 5: P5

Notes: It's the final day of court and Dorinda is called up to the stand.

Side note: So part of this chapter idea was given to me by KasiAka20 and missstrawberry2020 where the different witnesses starts coming in talking about how Greg tried to get with them in a sexual manner and they were not over the age of 18. But this just goes to show y'all that Karen was the first but she wasn't the only one and that hurts her in the end because it made her realize somethings.

TRIGGER WARNING: Violence, being held in captivity, mentions of sexual predators, and abortion.

It was now the last day of court and Karen had never been so glad that this five day trial was almost over with. She couldn't believe that she had made it through with little or no outbursts which was good on her part because that's what the family was most definitely worried about because they knew that Greg's attorney was going to try to play dirty and so he did. But Karen didn't back down she was firm and she stood her ground.

And Greg's attorney was sure not to ask Karen about if she had proof of her abuse that was still likely to still to be there because he didn't know if she was gonna show them something else.

He wasn't even prepared to see her back like that no one was not even her mother who gasped in shock and horror. Jacky on the other was the only one who was used to it since she had only seen it once before so she wasn't surprised when Karen had stood up because she knew what was about to happen.

But now today was a different day the last day to lay it all out on the table and there would be some new faces on the stand new faces that Karen was not prepared to see.

Once court was in session everyone was on edge because they knew that today could really go either way and the last day of court usually would make the biggest impact on the judge.

So, now here they were with Dorinda being called up on the stand and she went up there calmly but with a slight attitude because Greg's attorney had been trying everyone all week long.

"So, Mrs.Cole." The attorney said already starting with Dorinda. "Dorinda Clark." Doe said crossing her arms already while pursuing her lips on the stand. "Ms.Clark. I would like to be addressed as Ms.Clark." Dorinda said already about to beat that man up which was why she had crossed her arms to try to keep herself calm.

But he had got started with the case.

"Okay." He said biting down on his teeth and then continuing with questioning her.

"So, you've and Greg was together for a while and you would say that you know you're husband correct?" He asked her deliberately being a butt.

"Ex-husband you mean?!" Dorinda asked him while squinting her eyes at the man. "And once upon a time I did know who he was." Dorinda said looking directly at him not being intimidated by Greg like Karen had been while she was on the stand.

"Okay and would you say that he was a nice loving godly man?" He asked her.

"Earlier on and around me he was." Dorinda said being very specific with that knowing that he was a completely different person when he was around Karen or sometimes even other people.

"Mmhm and so would you say that by being with him did you believe the accusations that you're baby sister was making against your ex-husband?" He asked her finally getting himself together.

"At first no. I did not believe it." Dorinda said and the crowd started gasping. But Dorinda was a quick talker.

"But like I said earlier he was only a godly man around me so when you know someone to be one thing you can't really imagine them doing a horrendous act on someone that's your best friend and sibling until you actually see it." Dorinda said.