Parents- Jenna Ortega

Word count: 1252

***TW: there is some fighting in this chapter, specifically with your parents. If that is a sensitive subject for you, you might consider skipping this chapter!***

You drove home, your vision blurring as the tears flowed freely from your eyes. You ignored the multitude of texts you were getting, assuming they were from your parents. Suddenly your phone began to ring, the noise pulling you from your sobs.

"Hello," you choked out, answering your phone, not even checking to see who called.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Your girlfriend said worriedly, hearing the crying in your voice.

"Oh Jenna," you sighed at hearing her voice, she was the only person you wanted to talk to right now. Your crying intensified as you thought back to what happened. "Jenna I don't know what to do." You cried.

"Hun, what happened?" She asked, her soft voice calming you, making your heart flutter even though you were currently sobbing.

"I- I don't," you stuttered, not sure how to talk about what happened.

"It's okay baby, it's okay." She cooed, her voice coming through the phone as you drove. "Why don't you tell me when you get home?" She suggested, her tone clear and calm.

"Yeah, yeah okay." You sniffed, trying to focus on the road.

"Please drive safely," she said, shuffling behind the phone, "I love you y/n, and whatever it is we will get through it." You smiled at her words, loving the way the brunette could calm you so easily, even when she isn't physically with you.

"I love you," you said as she hung up. You set your phone back down in the center console as you tried to process what happened.

***flashback***

"God you are such a disappointment!" Your father screamed, the glass on the table shaking with his voice. The tears pricked at your eyes as he yelled, your mom sitting there silently glaring at you. "You never-" he continued, but you cut him off.

"I will never be good enough for you, will I? Will I?!" You yelled, standing up from your chair. You had gone over to your parent's house to tell them you had booked an acting gig for a pretty major role. But the conversation had gotten around to if you were dating anyone. You decided it was a good time to tell your parents you were with Jenna. You had been dating her for almost a year and lying to your parents about it.

"No, no you won't!" He yelled back, catching you off guard. Your heart shattered at his words, your father had just admitted that you weren't good enough for him.

"Hun," your mom warned, trying to calm him down.

"No!" He yelled, "she is right, she isn't good enough." You took a step back, your hand crossing over your stomach, the feeling of nausea rising. "You don't have a decent job, god y/n get your head out of your ass and realize you're nothing." Your breath hitched and the tears fell freely. You had always gotten in fights with your parents but this went to a different level.

"What?" You stuttered, backing farther away from the table.

"I mean you were already a disappointment when you decided to become an actress, but now this," he yelled, not even caring that you were breaking at his words. "Now you go and tell me that my daughter is gay. I- I mean you might as well not even be my daughter anymore." You began to sob, his words chilling you to your core, breaking you down more than you expected. Before saying another word to either of your parents you ran out of their house, hopping in your car and driving as far away as you could as fast as you could.

***end flashback***

You pulled into the parking garage of your apartment complex, taking a deep breath as you tried to calm yourself. Getting out of your car and going up the steps to your door, your thoughts racing the entire time. As you slid your key into the door you heard your girlfriend shuffling on the other side, she had definitely been waiting for your arrival. You swung the door open and immediately your gaze landed on the small brunette.

"Oh baby," she cooed, noticing your red eyes and puffy cheeks. She ran up to you, wrapping her arms around your neck, and you wasted no time giving in to her touch. You wrapped your arms around her waist, picking her up, causing her to cling to you much like a koala. As you buried your face in her neck you walked over to your couch, sitting the both of you down so she was straddling your lap as you sobbed into her shoulder. "It's okay, I'm here," she said softly, stroking your hair, "what happened mi amor?" She asked, letting go slightly so she could see your face.

"They hate me, Jen," you sniffed, remembering all of the terrible things your father had said to you just an hour earlier. She gave you a sad look, her deep brown eyes pulling you in as you spoke.

"Tell me what happened," she whispered, playing with the hair on the back of your neck, something she knew you loved.

"I told them about you," you admitted, turning your gaze away from her out of embarrassment. Jenna's parents had known about you since before you and Jenna even started dating, and to be honest, you were closer to them than you were to your own parents. You had tried to tell your parents a countless amount of times, but they never listened to you, and Jenna even told you that you never had to tell them if you didn't want to.

"You didn't have to do that," she said softly, a small hint of guilt in her voice.

"But I love you," you sniffed, looking back at the girl, "you are the most important thing to me, and they should know that." She gave you a small smile, her cheeks flushing red at your words. No matter how many times you told her you loved her, it never failed to make her blush. "But clearly they don't care at all, they couldn't even be happy for me for two seconds." You said, the anger in you rising as you remembered what your dad had said. 'I mean you might as well not even be my daughter anymore.' His words echoed in your mind as you stared at the beautiful woman in front of you. "I just wanted them to know who you were to me" you stuttered. She pulled you closer to her, her forehead connecting to yours.

"Y/n I wouldn't care if no one knew we were together. I wouldn't care if the whole world knew we were together." She whispered, her fingers tangling in your hair as your hands fidgeted with the hem of her shirt, "I love you, and that's all that matters." You smiled at her words and she laid a soft kiss on your lips, your body melting into hers.

"You always know just what to say," you giggled sadly, pulling her waist closer to you and laying your head on her chest. She kissed the top of your head as her hands continued to twirl in your hair, causing you to relax under her touch. "I love you so much, Jenna." You whispered, inhaling the scent of her perfume.

"I love you more baby."