We shouldn't- Tara Carpenter

Word count: 2114

"Hey y/n, you coming?" Your sister yelled as she ran down the hall toward your room. You were trying to slip your shoes on and grab all of your stuff at the same time. You wanted to look decently nice because you were going to a public event.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" You shouted as you finally pulled your shoe on, running into the hallway and immediately hitting someone. The two of you quickly toppled over and landed on the carpet.

"Jesus y/n, watch where you're going." Your sister hissed sarcastically before her smile grew and she began to stand. She reached her hand down toward you and pulled you up.

"You know Amber, you could be more careful." You joked as you dusted yourself off, a harsh punch landing on your shoulder as you saw the girl scowl. "Alright alright!" You cowered as she raised her arm for another.

"Let's go, we don't wanna be late." She laughed as she began walking down the hallway toward the stairs.

"I still don't get why I have to go." You whined as you followed close in pursuit. Her friends Chad and Mindy were throwing a party while their parents were away and Amber was forcing you to go.

"Because you're my twin sister and barely know my best friends." She hissed as she continued to the door. " It wouldn't hurt if you were in our friend group, I mean there's already one set of twins."

" I know, I know." You groaned as she spoke, this conversation you had had many times. "But I would just feel out of place, you were their friend first."

She just glared at you as she grabbed your hand and dragged you out the front door, practically throwing you into the passenger seat of her car before she got in.

***time skip***

As the two of you walked into the Meeks house, music filled your ears and teenagers were all around you. Immediately the two of you saw Chad, a big smile on his face as he walked over.

Of course, you knew all of Amber's friends, but you weren't close with any of them, only hanging out with Mindy every so often because the two of you both loved movies.

"Hey! The Freeman's!" He smiled as he waved to the two of you, placing his arm around Amber in an awkward hug. "Hey y/n/n!" You always found it funny that he called you this because you had never been given a nickname before, but all of Amber's friends now used it.

"Hey frat boy," you joked as you looked at him, "where is Mindy?" You asked this because you wanted to maybe go watch a movie with the girl, assuming she wouldn't be partying much, but boy were you wrong.

He just pointed over to the kitchen table where you saw Mindy and Wes playing beer pong against Liv and Tara. Even though you had asked about Mindy, you immediately focused on someone else.

Tara was the most gorgeous girl ever, and every time she came over to your house you would cower in your room for fear of making a fool of yourself. And of course, Amber talked about her all of the time so you knew how kind she was.

"Ah, I see," you smiled, returning your focus to Mindy as you saw that she was losing pretty severely. "I'm gonna go say hi." You then left your sister and Chad to catch up for a minute, walking over to the rest of the group. "So, whose winning?" You asked, leaning on the table.

"Haha very funny," Mindy hissed as she picked up another ping pong ball, her tongue sticking out as she tried to perfect her aim. "It's not like you could do any better." She joked.

You took her words as a challenge and walked over to stand right next to her. You quickly took the ball from her hand, Wes watching carefully as you did so. That was when you finally noticed that not a single one of Tara and Liv's cups had been knocked over, so it was now your mission.