Truth- Jenna Ortega

Highschool au

Word count: 1797

"Come on y/n, please!" Emma pleaded as she followed along behind you. Trying desperately to catch up as you walked at the speed of light. You stopped so abruptly that she almost ran into your back, letting out a little squeak as she was startled.

"Emma, you know what my answer is." You snapped as you slammed your locker door open, most of the kids in the hallway looking in your direction.

"I know, I know, but please, just give her a chance." As these words came out of her mouth, your gaze flicked toward the very girl she was talking about. Jenna.

She was standing at her locker, pretending not to listen to your conversation as she fixed her hair. You did find her absolutely beautiful, but you just couldn't let your past go, for whatever dumb reason.

"Why would I do that after what happened?" You hissed as you grabbed the books for your next class and slammed your locker shut with double the force as before. "I mean, she - the answer is no."

"I know but-"

"Emma, I said no."

***flashback to summer break***

"Wait what? Y/n? Where are you going?" Emma asked as she followed you, your sobs practically drowning out her words. "What happened?"

You had just called her to come get you from a house party you had attended, you were a little drunk and very pissed.

You quickly hopped in the passenger seat of her car and buckled up, hiding your face from anyone who could see. As soon as she got back in the car and started it up you began your rant.

"I'm so fucking stupid," you cried as you turned to look out of the window, your tears making all of the street lights blurry.

"No, you're not, just tell me what happened." Emma cooed as she kept her eyes on the road, driving the two of you back to her house.

"I told her Em,"

"Oh."

***the party***

"Hey, Jenna!" You smiled over the music, cup in your hand as you walked toward the brunette. "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Yeah sure, what's up?" She asked as she took your arm, beginning to walk away from the crowd. Your heart fluttered at the slight bit of contact between the two of you, your confidence washing away.

As she walked the two of you out to the back porch, your heart began to race, a lump forming in your throat. Were you really going to do this? As your thoughts swirled you didn't notice the few jocks that were in the backyard, their attention turning to the two of you. Jenna however, did notice them, her shoulders tensing.

"Y/n, are you-" Jenna began to speak, but you cut her off, needing to say what you were going to say.

"I really like you. And of course, you are my friend and I like you like that, but I like you more than that. I think you're really beautiful and I was nervous about asking but, do you wanna go out sometime?"

The silence was deafening as a tense feeling hung in the air. You could see all of the gears in her head turning as she looked between you and the few boys hiding their presence.

Jenna had felt the same way about you for years, and she wanted to tell you yes right then and there, but there was an audience, and she didn't want people to know how she felt just yet.

"I- y/n I'm not gay." She suddenly said, regret hitting her as soon as the words left her mouth. But before you were able to even think about what she had said, you heard the sound of laughter coming from beside you.