We shouldn't: part 4- Tara Carpenter

Word count: 1368

You all left the room in order to give them some privacy, the two girls having a lot to catch up on. And you also had a few things you needed to catch up on with your friends.

"So, do we know what happened?" You asked, looking around at all of your friends. As soon as you asked this question their faces went blank, none of them wanting to answer. "Guys, what is it?" You were confused by their scared expressions.

"It was," Wes started, his voice weak as he looked to Chad for help, the stronger boy just barely shaking his head.

"Ghost face." Your sister finished sternly, her mind seeming distant. Theses words caught you off guard, your confusion shrinking. You knew the stab movies like the back of your hand because your sister was obsessed and made you watch them all the time. But you never thought they would lead to yet another spree.

But just as you were about to ask for some clarification, there was yelling from inside Tara's room, all of you being startled from the noise.

"Get the fuck out!" You heard Tara yell, your body jumping into action as you stood.

"Tara, please," you heard Sam begin to plead, but she was cut off.

"Sam, get the fuck out!" And just one moment after those words Sam came flying out the door, tears streaming down from her face. Her boyfriend Richie hopped up and began following. You ran in the still open door, seeing Tara crying harder than you thought possible.

"What baby, what is it?" You asked as you sat down, the nickname falling from your lips. She just began to motion toward her chest and throat, clearly struggling to breathe. That is when Amber stormed in the room, noticing the situation.

"She needs her inhaler." Your sister said, reaching in her purse and pulling out an inhaler, handing it to Tara quickly. You watched as the small brunette took a few puffs before tossing in back down on the bed and grabbing your hand instantly. You just sat there rubbing your thumb against the back of her hand, waiting for her to catch her breath.

"She, she-" Tara cried, barely being able to form any words as she cried.

"Hey, it's okay, we don't have to talk now." You cooed, cupping her face with your free hand, making her look at you. You just ignored the way your sister was staring and kept your focus on the distraught girl, wanting nothing more than to comfort her in any way you could.

***time skip***

After awhile Tara was able to calm down and she told everyone what Sam had told her. Sam was the daughter of Billy Loomis, the original ghost face that started this whole mess. So understandably, Tara was upset, especially after being attacked by one of his psycho fans.

"But I shouldn't have yelled at her." Tara admitted, grabbing your hand in front of everyone. You could see the regret in her eyes as she thought back to the conversation she had with her sister just thirty minutes ago. And you wanted to do what you could to make it better.

"She is still outside, do you want me to go get her?" You asked, everyone in the room growing silent at your suggestion. Tara then turned her attention to you, a small smile on her face as your eyes met.

"Yeah, would you?" You just nodded and stood up from your chair, dropping her hand gently before you walked out the door. As soon as you stepped outside, you saw Sam and Richie, sitting in the two chairs out in the hallway, Sam, still looking as distressed as she had not long ago.

"Hey, she is asking for you." You smiled gently as you looked at the older girl. She just gave you a hopeful look before standing up from her chair and heading into the room, all of your friends slowly leaving right after.

"So, you and Tara?" Richie asked, trying to break the awkward silence. You just nodded at his question, but kept your eyes trained on Tara's room. "Cool cool, that's cool." You knew that he was just trying to be relatable with the teenagers, but he was failing miserably.

" I am going to go get some food, anybody wanna come with?" Chad asked, gesturing down the hallway. Everyone just looked around at each other before nodding in agreement, you and Richie both deciding to stay behind.

Not long after all of your friends had walked away, Sam came out of Tara's room, a happier expression on her face. But just as she came to sit back down next to you and Richie, her phone rang, the loud noise startling all three of you. She quickly picked up the phone and began walking down the hallway, but you noticed that her expression was growing more and more concerned, and then she slipped into the break room.

"Im gonna go check on Tara." Richie said, standing up from his chair and heading into the girls room, shutting the door softly, you just sat in the hallway, your thoughts swirling in your head until a loud clattering caught your attention.

The noise had come from the very room that Sam had entered moments ago, and immediately your heart started racing. You weren't sure why, but you quickly stood up and ran towards the room, your adrenaline kicking in.  You then flung the door open with ease, and what you saw shocked you.

There was Sam, wrestling on the ground with none other than the masked killer that everyone had been looking for. You weren't quite sure what to do, but all you knew was that you couldn't let Tara's sister get hurt if you could do something to stop it. So you summed up all the courage you had, and ran full force at the assailant.

As your body crashed into theirs, you both hit the floor with a loud thud. Sam standing as quickly as she could, pulling you up with her. She then dragged you both out of the room, not wasting another second. And as soon the door shut behind the two of you, your ran into Richie.

"Woah, woah, what's going on?" He asked, seeming to have been oblivious to the very loud crashing just moments before. Sam didn't even bother trying to explain anything to him, all she did was run to the phone and dial 911.

***time skip***

After thirty minutes of both you and Sam explaining everything to Wes's mom, the police left the scene, doing absolutely nothing to help you. All they really did was ask you if you were sure of what you saw, and belittle the fact that both of you had seen what you had.

"Thank you." Sam muttered as soon as the police had left. You turned to look at her, holding into your shoulder that ached from the impact. "If you hadn't seen it I would think I was crazy." She was right, the police had made. You both feel like nothing had happened, but you had a bruise to prove it.

"Well, I know we at least agree on one thing." You hissed, beginning to walk back to Tara's room, Sam not far behind you.

"And what is that?" She asked as she opened the door.

"We are not leaving her here alone."

***time skip***

You and Sam had both gone back to her room, telling her what had happened before settling in and watching a movie. The three of you all fell asleep pretty fast, the adrenaline from the day making your body's crash. But, of course, it didn't last long.

Around midnight you woke up to a loud thud in the hallway, immediately looking towards Sam. She was already either awake, or had woken up at the same time as you, because you both have the same expression on your face. Fear. Tara, however, was still fast asleep, so you knew it couldn't have been her that made the noise.

"Did you-" you began to ask, your voice barely at a whisper, but Sam cut you off.

"Yep."

*************************************

I was feeling so motivated that yall got two parts tonight.

Anyways, I hope you guys are enjoying this one, because I predict there will definitely be a few more parts...

And I just wanted to say to keep the comments coming. They make my day and really help motivate me to write.

Love you guys <3

-Ggldocswriting2258