Tired- Jenna Ortega

Word count: 1233

You turned the key to your girlfriend's trailer, the sweet smell of her immediately filling your nose as you stepped inside. Jenna had been filming scream six all week and hadn't been home, so you decided to surprise her by showing up so you could make dinner with her and have a little date.

"Oh my," you whispered, taking in the sight of her trailer. Jenna was always a very clean person, but clearly, she was really focused on work because there were clothes strewn everywhere and dirty dishes lying on every available counter space. You immediately rolled up your sleeves and got to work, picking up every article of clothing you could find and tossing it in her hamper. Her outfits mostly consisted of button-ups and simple jeans, but she always looked amazing. You picked her headphones up from the floor, placing them on her bedside table and smiling at the sight. Suddenly your phone rang, pulling you from your chores.

"Hey Jen," you beamed, leaning on her kitchen counter, "what's up?"

"Hey," she sighed, exhaustion filling her tone, "baby I'm sorry," she said suddenly, your heartbeat growing faster at the pain in her voice. "I really wanted to come home tonight, or at least this weekend, but I don't think I'm going to be able to." You knew she was currently on set, feeling awful about the fact that she wouldn't see you. You wanted nothing more than to comfort her, but you also didn't want to ruin the surprise.

"Oh it's okay," you smiled, hoping to calm her, even if it was just a little bit, "I promise." She sighed deeply from the other side of the phone, not believing that you were okay.

"Are you sure?" She insisted, your body hurting at the small hint of guilt in her voice.

"I'm sure babe," you replied slowly, making sure she could hear the certainty in your words. After a few moments of comfortable silence, you heard some shuffling from the other side of the phone.

"Shit, uhm I have to go," she mumbled, and you knew that she really had to hurry.

"It's okay," you reassured, making sure that she didn't feel bad, "I love you, Jen," you added, hoping it would soothe the girl.

"I love you so much y/n," she responded quickly, hanging up the phone as soon as she spoke. You had gotten used to short phone calls, knowing that she only got a few short breaks a day. But you didn't mind. Jenna loved her job, and it was a huge part of her life, so if it made her happy it made you happy, no matter the circumstances.

You went back to cleaning, quickly picking up the rest of the floor and moving on to make her bed. This took a surprising amount of time, the fitted sheet not wanting to cooperate with you despite your desperate attempts. But eventually you succeed, heading to the kitchen and starting cleanup there. The kitchen took you close to two hours, you wanted to make sure that every dish in the trailer was clean and put away, and that the counters were scrubbed clean. After this was done you lit a few candles and laid on your girlfriends bed, waiting for her to get home.

***time skip***
Your phone dinged, waking you up from your nap.

Jen<3: Hey baby, just wanted to let you know I'm headed back to my trailer, if you're still awake we can call when I get there. I love you.

You smiled down at your phone, wondering how to respond without giving yourself away.

You: Yeah of course we can call, I love you more.

You stood from her bed, fixing your hair and clothes quickly before moving to the front entryway, waiting for her arrival. You tapped your foot nervously as the minutes went by, you had never surprised Jenna at her trailer before, and you werent sure how she would react. But suddenly you heard the sound of footsteps ascending her front stoop, a key being placed into the door. You put a big smile on your face, making eye contact with her as soon as she walked in.

"Well hi there stranger," you smirked, watching your girlfriend's eyes fill with relief as she saw you. She let out a deep sigh and wrapped you in a hug, her arms falling around your neck. You wasted no time in grabbing her waist an picking her up, her clinging to you as you swayed.

"How long have you been here?" She whispered, shoving her face into your neck and snuggling closer.

"All day," you replied sweetly, setting the girl back down to look at her. Her arms still clung to your neck as the two of you stood in the entrance, her deep brown eyes filled with love and affection, her lips curling into a tired smile. Only then did her eyes break from you and notice her apartment, everything clean and back where it should be, the scent of her favorite candle filling the air.

"Did you do all of this?" She marveled as she walked into the center of the trailer, taking in all of the work you had done throughout the day.

"Yeah," smiled, walking up behind her and wrapping her in another hug, "you've been working so hard and I wanted to do something nice." You whispered, peppering soft kisses on her jawline.

"Oh baby," she sighed gratefully, knowing that now she didnt have to worry about cleaning before she went to work the next day, "you amaze me." You smiled at the compliment, a slight pink blush filling your cheeks.

"You want to make some late dinner with me?" You questioned, turning her around in your arms so you faced each other again. Her shoulders dropped slightly as she looked up at you, small strands of hair falling into her face.

"Y/n, I would love too, but..." she trailed off reluctantly, her lips twisting into a small frown, "baby I'm just so..." she hesitated again sighing deeply, "tired," she said finally, the guilt filling her voice as she studied your face for any hint of sadness.

"Then how about we cuddle and go to bed," you suggested, her eyes lighting up at the mention of sleep. She beamed up at you, her smile growing as she realized you were one hundred percent serious. You bent down and pressed you lips to hers in a loving kiss, letting her know you werent going anywhere. And then you scooped her up in your arms, much like you had just a minute before, and walked towards her bed, her hands playing with the hair on the back of your neck.

"You have no idea how much I love you," she giggled as you set her down on the bed, climbing next to her and pulling the sheets over the two of you. She quickly snuggled her head into your chest as you wrapped your arms around her, setting your head on hers.

"I think I know," you smiled, stroking her hair with your hand. "I love you Jenna."

"I love you too..." she trailed off, her breath evening out and her eyes shutting. After less than a minute she fell into a peaceful sleep, pulling herself closer to you, and forgetting about the world.