Overhear- Tara Carpenter

Word count: 1825

"Hey, y/n, want to get us some more beer?" Mindy asked, leaning over the edge of the bed to look at you. You, Tara, Mindy, and Quinn were all in Tara's room watching movies and drinking, trying to make the most of the long weekend.

"Ooh, yes!" Quinn added as you could see her eyes light up at the mention of more alcohol.

"Min, do I have to?" You groaned as you rolled on your side. All three girls looked at you, your heart beating as your eyes locked with Tara's. "I mean, I'm not even the one drinking all of it." You said, sending a quick glare to Quinn as she just shrugged.

"Please?" Mindy smiled sweetly as she pointed to the door, "You got to pick the movie, so you get the beer." You rolled your eyes at the girl as you began to stand up, your hair falling in front of your face.

"Fine, but only cuz I love you guys." Mindy just sent you a thumbs up and Quinn bowed her head, the two very drunk girls making you laugh. Tara just smiling at you as she giggled at the stupidity of the other two.

"You are a lifesaver." Quinn slurred as you opened Taras door, flipping the two of them off as you exited the room. As soon as you clicked it shut behind you, you could hear Chad, Ethan, and some of their friends laughing in the living room.

As you walked through the hallway and into the kitchen, something Chad said caught your attention.

"She was such an easy fuck." He laughed, some of the boys following along. You tried your best to ignore it, but something in you told you that you should keep listening. As you cracked the fridge open and grabbed four bottles of beer, you heard one of his friends speak.

"I mean hell, if Tara is so easy maybe we could get her to fuck all of us."

As soon as you heard those words, all of your attention fell onto the conversation happening in the other room. You quietly set down all of the bottles and took a few steps closer to the living room, your blood boiling at what you had heard.

"She probably would," Chad laughed, your heart racing as you heard these words fall so effortlessly from his mouth, "she is that much of a slut." With this, you snapped, stepping fully into the living room and unloading on them.

"What the actual fuck?" You hissed as you stepped into view, seeing Chad, Ethan, and one other boy. Immediately Chad's gaze snapped onto you and you could tell he regretted what he said.

"Oh, y/n, I-" He stuttered, standing up and facing you as you could see Ethan fidgeting with his hands.

"No Chad, what the fuck did you just say." You knew that Chad and Tara sort of had a thing going, and that already pissed you off but hearing him talk this way about her made you snap. 

"Woah there little lady," the strange boy said, acting all cool as he looked you up and down, "you're just mad cuz Chad fucked Tara and not you." You just glared at him momentarily before returning your cold stare to Chad.

At first, you thought maybe he would apologize, or admit that he was lying. But it seems that since he had friends there, he thought he had something to prove, and would not let it go.

"Nah, nah, she is mad Tara fucked me and not her, fucking lesbo." He spat as he gave his friend a fist bump, laughing like the dumb jock he is. You could see the small look of regret in his eyes as he said that, but he also didn't care enough to stop.

"Hey Chad, that wasn't-" Ethan started to say, seemingly standing up for you but the other boy in the room quickly cut him off.

"Shut the fuck up nerd." He shouted, throwing an empty beer can at the boy's head, along with a few pieces of popcorn.