Broken Trust: part 3- Tara Carpenter

Word count: 1535

"You bitch!" Ethan yelled as he rushed toward you, both of the girls leaping into action. Quinn's body tumbled to the floor and you took a step back, the blood on your knife shining in the light. "You tricked us!" 

"Of course I did!" You hissed back as he reached you, swinging his blade erratically as he tried to hit you. "Did you really think you could convince me to kill my friends?" You shoved him backward swiftly, his eyes flashing with rage.

You didn't want to kill him, but you knew that the only way you were going to get out of this was if he and his father were dead. It wasn't easy to kill Quinn, even if she was an awful person, but looking someone in the eye while you killed them was something you didn't want to do.

"Y/n! Run!" Sam yelled, catching the attention of both you and Ethan. You took this chance and sprinted toward the staircase in the back, unsure of how exactly you were going to escape this man.

He wasn't far behind you, but you were faster than him, so you quickly ascended the stairs, leaving him at the bottom. The adrenaline pumping through you was almost too much to handle. You had just killed a girl whom you had known for a while, and now you were preparing to kill her brother.

As you spun around to face the boy, you were stunned to find him not there, not even the sound of his footsteps. "What?" You hissed to yourself as you peered over the balcony, your heart racing.

There he was, Tara pinned to the wall by him as he went on some psycho rant, his father chasing after Sam. Seeing the woman you loved being trapped by a killer changed something in you. Before, you may have been hesitant to hurt him, but now... he was as good as dead.

Your body took over and you leaped over the balcony, landing on one of the display cases with a loud thud, your body numb. As you hopped off of the display case, your feet carried you toward him, your hands clasping on his shoulders immediately.

"Get the fuck away from her!" You yelled as you dragged him back, dropping your knife on the floor in the process. Thankfully, he was distracted enough with you that he turned away from her completely. 

"Did I strike a nerve?" he taunted as he began to walk toward you, that sinister smile on his face. He swung his blade toward you, a sharp pain ringing through your cheek as it sliced through your skin. 

You ignored the pain because something caught your eye, Tara's fingers wrapping around your knife that had fallen on the floor, her grip tight. So you knew that you just had to keep Ethan talking for a few more seconds. 

"I don't know, ask Quinn." You hissed as you wiped the blood from your cheek, smiling slightly as you did so. "Strike a nerve?" His smirk dropped into a frown and he for ready to swing again, but then Tara tapped him on the shoulder.

As he spun around she plunged your knife down, the blade sliding right into his mouth, slicing through the back of his neck. The image made you smile in a sick way, your girlfriend being able to protect herself from the man who had been tormenting you all. 

"Babe," you breathed out, relieved that there was no longer a killer between you and her. "I just-" You began to explain, your heart beating faster as your eyes locked with hers.

"Not right now." She hissed, beginning to walk by you and in the general direction where her sister just went. "I love you, so much, but not right now." 

This sent daggers to your heart. You couldn't tell if she meant she didn't love you right then, or, she loves you and also doesn't want to talk. But at this moment it didn't matter, because she was headed right toward another killer, her angry older sister not too far ahead.