Leftover Love: part 2- Tara Carpenter

Word count: 1031

She took a deep breath and set her coffee on her desk, sitting at the edge of her bed. Her shoulders dropped as she patted the spot beside her, looking up at you sorrowfully. You slowly sat down next to her, reaching out to put your arm around her but then remembering she had broken up with you.

"So, Amber..." She began, looking down at the floor as she fiddled with her thumbs. "Amber was my girlfriend." you could see tears prick at her eyes as she spoke, but you still didn't understand why this affected her relationship with you. "After her, I just haven't really been able to trust anyone."

"Tar, I'm sorry, I don't understand though." You said, wincing as the nickname left your mouth. It had become such a habit over the last few months that you didn't even think about it before speaking. You saw her smile a bit before looking up at you, her tears now flowing freely.

"Her name was Amber Freeman." As these words hit you, your heart stopped, your eyes finally meeting hers. Amber Freeman was the name of one of the killers from the recent ghost face spree in Woodsboro.

"Tara," You whispered, looking at her apologetically, but she quickly stopped you.

"No, no, don't look at me like that. Don't look at me like I'm all broken and damaged." She cried, standing up from her bed and covering her face with her hands. You didn't mean to upset her even more, but what she had been through was something you couldn't even imagine. "And this is the reason I wouldn't get intimate with you-" She began this sentence, but you quickly cut her off.

"Baby- Tara, you know I don't care about that." It was true, if you and Tara never did anything, you wouldn't care, you just wanted to be with her for who she was. But she seemingly didn't believe you. "You know that I'm okay with the fact you didn't want to do anything."

"Of course I wanted to!" She practically yelled, tears streaming down her face. You were confused by what she meant, but you weren't going to ask. You wanted nothing more than to hold her in your arms and tell her it was okay, but you lost that right.

She then slowly lifted her shirt, revealing huge scars all over her torso, your heart practically broke at the sight in front of you. However, she dropped the cloth as soon as you had seen it, crossing her arms over her body.

"I- I had no idea." You stuttered, feeling like you were sinking into the bed under you. Any reminisce of a hangover disappeared as the shock hit your body, and you were unsure of how to react.

"And I couldn't find a good way to tell you... so, I broke things off." She sniffed, reluctantly sitting back down next to you. At this point, the tears had begun to stream down your face and you weren't sure what to say.

"I still don't get why this is what broke us up." You muttered, wiping your tears on your sleeve, trying to avoid eye contact with the girl, knowing that your crying would just intensify.

"Because! You deserve better than this!" She shouted, pointing at herself. And as she said this, you broke, giving up on trying to distance yourself. You grabbed her face in your hands, turning her to look at you.

"Tara, you are perfect! You are exactly what I deserve. I love you, and you love me, I don't know what more I could need." You cried, looking deep into her brown eyes, your tears blurring your vision slightly.

"You still love me?" She choked, her voice light and unsure.

"Nothing could stop me from loving you." You reassured, stroking her cheek with your thumb.

And with this she threw herself forward, wrapping her arms around you and beginning to sob, your hands supporting her body as she cried.

***a few weeks later***

You were laying in Tara's room, waiting for her to get out of the shower. You had wanted to surprise her so she didn't know you were there, and was taking quite a lengthy shower. As you were scrolling on your phone you heard the water shut off so you put it down and looked toward the door.

In less than five minutes, Tara walked through it, wearing leggings and a bra, throwing her hair up in a bun. She still hadn't seen you yet, so you just sat there, admiring her figure before deciding to speak.

"Hi baby," you smirked as you looked her up and down. She jumped a bit before the biggest smile appeared on her face. She practically flew through the air as she jumped onto you, taking you down with her.

"How long have you been here?" She squealed as she wrapped her arms around your neck. You sat up, placing your hands on her waist and pressing a quick kiss to her lips.

"Ehh fifteen minutes or so." You smiled as you continued to place kisses on her jaw and neck, her fingers playing with the hair on the back of your neck. "I missed you." You whispered into her neck as you continued to trail your lips down. Over the past few weeks, the two of you had become much closer, and this definitely benefited your relationship.

"Mm, I missed you too." She whimpered as she began to lay back, her legs still straddling you. The farther she leaned back, the farther down her body you had access to. You began to place soft kisses on all of her scars, running your hands along her body.

Just as your hands got to the hem of her leggings and you were about to ask to go further, you heard the front door open and Tara shot up, grabbing a shirt from the floor and slipping it on.

"Oh, babe, come meet my new roommate!" She smiled, dragging you off of the bed, your brain still trying to catch up to what had just happened. "Her name is Quinn, I think you'll like her!"

************************

Hey guys!! So I am very close to finishing all of the requests that I have gotten *at least the ones I want to do/can do* soooooo since I am close to that, are there any other things you guys would like to see me write??

Leave any requests in the comments or just message me!

And as always, I really appreciate you guys and I thank you so much for liking what I do!

Love ya!

-Ggldocswriting2258