Cameras- Jenna Ortega

Word count: 1147

"Hey, baby! We have to go in a few minutes!" You yelled, walking out of your bedroom and into the living room where you saw your girlfriend Jenna. The two of you were going to a red-carpet event for your show Wednesday.

She was wearing the most beautiful black dress and her hair was tied up neatly, she had many rings on her fingers and they shined in the light of the room. You and Jenna had only been dating for a few months despite knowing each other for almost a year, and you were still nervous around her sometimes but tried not to show it.

"Well don't you look gorgeous," you smiled, walking over to her as you spoke. She looked up from her phone, blushing at your compliment. You slid your arm around her waist and placed a small kiss on her cheek, making her blush even deeper.

"You ready to go?" She asked, pushing some of your hair out of your face.

"Yep, I just have to do one thing first." You smirked, pulling her closer to you as you towered above her.

"And what is that?" She said innocently, looking up at you with her soft brown eyes.

"This." You whispered, leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to her lips. "And this," you continued, kissing her again. "And... this." You smiled as you kissed her a third time, this time it was deep and slow, her rings cold on your face as she cupped your cheek.

"Okay, okay," she blushed, pulling away, "you're gonna make us late!" She grabbed the rest of her stuff and began out the door, dragging you along behind her.

Now, you had been to red-carpet events before, and you had even been to them with Jenna. But you haven't been to one with Jenna since the two of you began dating, and you were more nervous than ever.

You had been meaning to tell her just how much you loved her for months. But every time you tried you just stuttered over your own words and looked like a fool, so you just hoped that nothing like that would happen tonight.

***time skip***

After arriving at the location and saying hello to your co-stars, it was time for interviews with the paparazzi. And of course, to make things more interesting, every interviewer wanted to talk to you and Jenna together.

"So y/n, what is it like dating Jenna?" A man named Steven asked, kicking off the interview with the two of you. You just laughed and smiled, grabbing her hand in yours.

"It has been nothing but amazing, I couldn't ask for someone better," you answered, trying to avoid any words that could be used against you or turned into drama. It seems that after becoming famous, even the simplest of sentences can be changed to cancel you in some way, so you have to be careful.

"What was it like working on Wednesday together?" He asked Jenna, thankfully not asking you anymore about the relationship.

"It was a dream come true," she smiled, her voice light and sweet, "I mean I got to work with this beautiful girl every day." she joked, gesturing to you. You blushed deeply as everyone giggled at her answer, and finally, he moved on to asking Emma and Joy questions.

"Hey girls, there are some pictured being taken over here if you would like to join." Hunter smiled, walking over to the two of you. Jenna just nodded at him before grabbing your hand and following him over to where the flashes were taking place.

"Ah, there is the lovely couple!" The photographer said as he noticed you and Jenna walking up. You both just smiled as you continued on.

"Y/n, Jenna!" A sweet voice said, getting the attention of both of you. You looked up to see your other favorite co-star, Gwendoline Christie. She was waving at the two of you as she and Catherine Zeta-Jones finished up with their photos.

"Hi!" Jenna yelled, dropping your hand and running over to the tall woman. It was always funny to watch them hug because of the height difference. You followed soon after, hugging the woman just like your girlfriend had just done.

"How are you guys?" She smiled, looking down at the two of you.

"We are doing well!" Jenna said, smiling at you softly as she spoke, "All of this is just very overwhelming."

"Yes, these things always are, let me know if you two need anything." The woman said, waving a quick goodbye as she had to move on to more interviews.

"Bye!" You smiled, waving back at her. "So, wanna take some pictures?" You asked Jenna, turning your attention back to the small girl.

"Of course I do, any excuse for me to stand close to you." She blushed, grabbing your hand once more and stepping in front of the cameras.

"You don't need an excuse," you teased, looking toward the photographer and smiling wide as you wrapped your arm around her and pulled her in.

"Hm, I love you." She laughed. Your heart immediately stopped as you heard those words, and you knew hers did too. In the few months you had been dating, you and Jenna hadn't said 'I love you' yet. You had been way too nervous too and weren't sure how to. But you weren't going to waste this opportunity.

You looked away from the camera and toward the brunette girl who was already looking at you, a look of shock on her face as she realized what she had said. You just tightened your grip on her waist and looked directly into her deep brown eyes.

"I love you." You smiled, ignoring the fact that there were cameras all around you and just focusing on the woman you loved. The two of you just smiled at each other, forgetting the rest of the world existed.

***time skip***

You and Jenna finished the rest of the event and returned home, neither of you speaking about what had happened. After you had both changed into more comfortable clothes and had taken a moment to collect yourselves, you sat down on the couch to watch a movie. As soon as she sat down next to you, you cupped her face in your hands and kissed her quickly.

"What was that for?" She blushed, hiding her face in her sleeves as she waited for your answer.

"I love you Jenna," You whispered, kissing her again. Now that there were no cameras around, you could show her how much you loved her without having to kiss in front of hundreds of people.

"I love you y/n." She replied, a large smile on her face as she ran her hand up your neck and cupped your cheek.

***************

Amazing request by: Darthrivia